Reptile Forums banner

Some people ....

858 views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  MissCat 
#1 ·
Hi guys and girls,

just thought i would have a quick rant over my dad again,
he never ceases to amaze me, and piss me off, excuse the french.
He has had a western fox snake for just over a year now, 99% of the time has been looked after by me in my reptile room, however he recently decided he wanted him in the living room. about a month down the line he shows signs of an R.I, i have no money so ask my dad to take him to the vets, his response, "nah nah he will be fine", another month his R.I becomes very well advanced, blowing bubbles, loud clicking and even sneezing! I got some money together and got him down the vets, after 2 months of antibiotics he seems to have recoverd. Anyway this is just one of many things he says and does, today was water bowl day for my colection and i noticed dad's snake needed a spot clean , and i decided i would add his water bowl to my pile that needed cleaning. i had to run out to the petshop, i got back and the water bowl was back in dads snake vivarium, and he just told me "john instead of using the toothbrush i used the sponge on the side", this sponge on the side is the same sponge he uses to wipe down the sides with all sorts of chemicals, clean the oven etc... :devil: so i give him a bit of a telling off, and a lecture on why not to do it, and his response "f:censor:k off, hes fine", i go to get the water bowl out to clean it out and he pushes me away and grabs the bowl again! saying " well you spray all your snakes vivariums with chemicals dont you?" yes dad, f10 dissinfectant only used on the cage furnishings and vivarium, :devil:

sorry guys, rant over.
anyone else have an experience to share?

Regards
John

See less See more
#5 ·
If it were my dad i'd disown him. Move out, and tell him exactly what i thought of him.

dont care who anyone is, if they have animals and dont look after them properly then sod them.

#11 ·
i presume its something along the lines of there is no french in this thread?

John, your dad sounds a bit of a pr*ck, sorry : victory:

#12 ·
Hi guys and girls,

just thought i would have a quick rant over my dad again,
he never ceases to amaze me, and piss me off, excuse the french.
He has had a western fox snake for just over a year now, 99% of the time has been looked after by me in my reptile room, however he recently decided he wanted him in the living room. about a month down the line he shows signs of an R.I, i have no money so ask my dad to take him to the vets, his response, "nah nah he will be fine", another month his R.I becomes very well advanced, blowing bubbles, loud clicking and even sneezing! I got some money together and got him down the vets, after 2 months of antibiotics he seems to have recoverd. Anyway this is just one of many things he says and does, today was water bowl day for my colection and i noticed dad's snake needed a spot clean , and i decided i would add his water bowl to my pile that needed cleaning. i had to run out to the petshop, i got back and the water bowl was back in dads snake vivarium, and he just told me "john instead of using the toothbrush i used the sponge on the side", this sponge on the side is the same sponge he uses to wipe down the sides with all sorts of chemicals, clean the oven etc... :devil: so i give him a bit of a telling off, and a lecture on why not to do it, and his response "f:censor:k off, hes fine", i go to get the water bowl out to clean it out and he pushes me away and grabs the bowl again! saying " well you spray all your snakes vivariums with chemicals dont you?" yes dad, f10 dissinfectant only used on the cage furnishings and vivarium, :devil:

sorry guys, rant over.
anyone else have an experience to share?

Regards
John

if that had been my dad i would have shouted untill his ears bled fortunatly my dad isnt like that.

good on you for paying for treatment yourself even though its not your snake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.