The Chinese Import Thread - Page 4 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 03-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
I think the import has gone breasts up.
It certainly did. Pms were sent to us late on the 1st saying that the exporter was unable to get to the airport so the import was cancelled and we are now waiting for refunds. This has taken 3 months, with 3 landing dates, and a last minute delay/postponement/cancellation on every one.
Just to make one thing crystal clear, WLW's only involvement was that he was due to check the animals over and rehydrate for 24 hours before they were to be delivered. He has had nothing to do with the import itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian14 View Post
It certainly did. Pms were sent to us late on the 1st saying that the exporter was unable to get to the airport so the import was cancelled and we are now waiting for refunds. This has taken 3 months, with 3 landing dates, and a last minute delay/postponement/cancellation on every one.
Just to make one thing crystal clear, WLW's only involvement was that he was due to check the animals over and rehydrate for 24 hours before they were to be delivered. He has had nothing to do with the import itself.
I didn't think for a minute he would have.

Shame about the import.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Banned
Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian14 View Post
Thank you very much for that Ian. Hes completely right. Someone mentioned in another one of his threads that i hadnt informed people either about things, this was because it wasnt my import and that i wasnt being informed alot of the time like his customers. I was simply there to offer my advice and experince on unpacking imports and acclimatizing them, which is what i do anyway as my own job.

I would just like to add that i do a a Chinese import every year but this year as Andrew was starting up this business of his own that i decided i would place my order at cost prices with him as it made no difference to me. So i ordered a large sum of reptiles for my business....the sum of which is now owed back to me and is larger than all of his customers put together.

I have been on the phone to alot of his customers yesterday talking them through this whole mess and explaining i wasnt importing these animals. As you can guess they are all disappointed. I shouldnt really have to be the one explaining this to people i dont no who i dont do business with, yet i find myself trying to help them out. For that reason ive offered the ones i no who brought from andrew 20% off on one of my future imports. Anyone else whos brought from andrew on THIS import and can prove it to me then you shall get a 20% discount.
I dont have to do this at all, however i really feel for his customers and just want to restore some faith in british importors....or is that french importors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-01-2011, 12:53 PM
No Life Member
Send a message via MSN to joeyboy

sorry to bump this thing. Just wondering what became of it, anyone get refunds in the end?

"A loss of religious belief has led the West to replace reason and truth with ideology and prejudice"- Melanie Phillips

"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things."
Old 24-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Ultra Citizen
Talking

Zaocys nigromarginatus!

They're what started this all for me. I grew up in China and when I was about 9 (before I'd even thought about snakes), on a mountain trail walk, one of these beauties fell from a tree on to my head.
It scared my mum something fierce and she grabbed it and flung it into nearby bushes. She now has a snake phobia (who can blame her?), whereas it intrigued me. Needless to say she doesnt enjoy visiting.
I'd love to have one of these. Theyre beautiful and I owe my passion to them =)
Old 24-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Posting Deity
Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyboy View Post
sorry to bump this thing. Just wondering what became of it, anyone get refunds in the end?
not me, £300 out of pocket thanks to lying scumbag Stagg
Old 24-01-2011, 03:51 PM
No Life Member
Send a message via MSN to joeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeblaster View Post
not me, £300 out of pocket thanks to lying scumbag Stagg
Aye. I heard a couple of lucky ones did, I lost about £90. I'm usually so careful about this sort of thing, live and learn, don't trust anyone on this forum despite the involvement or support of anyone, rep means nothing.

"A loss of religious belief has led the West to replace reason and truth with ideology and prejudice"- Melanie Phillips

"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things."

Tags
china , chinese import , rat snake