Reptile Forums banner

new shop in Arbroath,Angus,Scotland

7K views 52 replies 18 participants last post by  millar69 
#1 ·
just incase anyones interested there is a cracking new shop called The Reptile Shack opened up in Arbroath,Angus,Scotland, ive been in a few times now and the staff are brilliant friendly and very helpful, they seem to have a good stock in , snakes , lizards, spiders,scorpions, frogs , tortoise and pygmy hogs, they have a good stock of food and accessories, i bought my other half a Ball Python and set up for an early xmas present, (the first of many i hope) and its in brilliant condition and feeding well, they are situated at the top end of the high street opposite the end of the precinct,

#9 ·
Does anyone have an address or phone number for this shop?

#12 ·
i think it 244 high street it is on right across the road from the pet shop

#11 ·
yeah i was in yesterday and its pam that used work in strictly exotics in dundee that has it. the pinky ghost corn that they have is very sweet.
its definitley worth a visit

#13 ·
So is anybody going to post up the address and phone number or is it a secret.

#15 ·
:lol2: i just have and it aint a secret honest lol

#18 ·
Went in last week to have a look, as done a wee run in the car.
Shop is small, the old fish monger on the High Street, right across from the other petshop. Looks nice, good selection of stuff. Didn't look at any prices to be honest, as was just having a nosey. Only bought some tubs of hoppers for the dragons LOL

#20 ·
Just thought i'd say I popped in yesterday during a trip to buy some delicious Arbroath smokies!

Really nicely laid out shop with friendly and helpful staff. The young lad seemed a little nervous and unsure, but he's only young and will get his confidence in no time. The owner was brilliant. Really friendly and knowledgable, and good to chat to.
One thing that stood out was the cleanliness of everything and how well things like cables and such were tidied away.

Good variety of animals in stock, and willing to order for you should there be nothing available at the time.

Prices seemed around average to slightly more, but makes up for it by providing a great service and a genuine passion for the animals and their care. Puts to shame 1 or 2 other places in the surrounding regions. I'll definitely be back in when i'm back in Arbroath :)

#21 ·
Just been back into shop they just got a load of new spiders in can't believe that Arbroath now has a reptile shop the bad thing is I want everything in the shop lol oh just wanted to add the times I have been in I've been made more than welcome at all times and with a welcome smile :no1:

#22 ·
i wasnt very impressed to be honest. the pygmy hedgehogs didnt have a litter tray and no care sheet was provided. we were also told no heating would be needed, however being a hedgie owner already i know that heating is highly recommended. Their hogkets arent handled very well and my little man is having to be handled triple what i would my other hogs purely because of this reason. Reptiles which i know nothing about may be cared for fine, but more research needs to be done into hogs! the litters werent even registered with ukaph

#26 ·
the heat the shop gives off the hogs would be fine plus it isnt a must have nut is thought to control temp and keep its teady to use heat. also it is ones personal choice to litter train and i have seen the hogs and played with the mum etc all are handled fine in my opinion.
and yes i find this post very strange and coincidental.

#28 ·
iv been asked to babysit pigmy hogs in the past and was never given heat mats or anything, and they weren't litter trained either! and considering we travel to dunfermline and arbroath and bypass other reptile stores along the way to get the best care for my reps id say that the rep shack were pretty damn good in my opinion :eek:)

#32 ·
there aint any thing wrong with either of the shacks. you never see ill reptiles the place is clean and tidy and DOSN'T smell like s:censor:t either unlike another shop in the area and you always get a warm welcome when you go in. one of the best about in eyes : victory:

#33 · (Edited)
why was my post coincidental. I searched the reptile shack because i wanted a number to call them on to inform them that my hog had a serious infestation of mites. If your trying to say im a competeting reptile shop then you have to be kidding, i live in blooming devon!

hilarious how people presume they know all.

I signed up to voice my opinion.

Id also like to add that a member of the ukaph has been into this shop and it wasnt up to standards, she was then told that they were not keeping hogs anymore which is a blatent lie!

#35 ·
no one said you did mate that comment was made to another poster not yourself ;)

also if you live in devon how do you know that was a blatent lie its not like you can just nip in for a nose now is it? i was there today and can honestly say there wasnt a hog in sight :D

#38 · (Edited)
are you kidding, do i need to state my personal reasons. as stated i so happened to be taken into the shop by my cousin whilest visiting family the rest is my buisness. I have my receipt and ukaph register form for the hog which i done myself with exactly where she was brought form etc so i have nothing to prove, purely just the fact that the reptile shack are liars whom said to ukaph that they werent breeding hogs, who sell hogs with mites and with no care sheet and give information about hogs as if they know nothing about them. This is also to say because the hogs are not registered that they could well be inbred and we all know what that leads too.

also as stated i said this on the hog side, not the reptile side. I have no bloomen idea how they treat their reptiles, they dont interest me in the slightest. And it was 500 miles , 8 hour car journey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.