Reptile Forums banner

Normal royal with weird white patch

Tags
snakes
5K views 59 replies 30 participants last post by  ct8282 
#1 ·
One of my normal female royals has started to shed this week and when i went in to have a look at her today i've noticed that she has a large white patch coming on her tail,What could this be from and could it poss be a hidden gene of sorts,New to royals so dont really know.

See less See more
#44 ·
Nope, hidden gene. Animal is worth a mint I reckon!

I would have said a scar or infection too but the OP shot me down for that.

As for being a Pied marker as one young lady said - NOPE, afraid not. It's a Normal Royal with a white mark, that's all.

#48 ·
*sits on the fence and watched the commotion below*:devil:

#49 ·
I just fell off my chair laughing,
Top comment,
Cheers all for looking,i know she hasnt been burnt at all from a bulb because she's never had one,she's only ever been in tubs,I had her from a baby but anything could of happened before that.
As for some of the comments,why is it that on this site there are some people that are great and love to give out good info to help you and then there are some who know every thing an try to come across to everyone else that they are always right,just dont need it really,
I dont know alot about royals so i ask and then i get smart comments that put me off asking in the first place.
Sorry for the rant but thanks to everyone for there helpful comments.
:cheers::cheers:

#53 ·
I'm going to break trend and say it looks like a bullseye, i sold one a couple years ago.

Anyhow don't get excited, its a bit like a ringer but in a different place but the basics are the same, it's not genetic or an actual morph it's just another term for a normal with some funky pigmentation on the scales here and there.

They look pretty but other than that its normal still.

#58 ·
are you sure it hasnt been decorating its rub and splodged a bit of dulux on it - check its rub out for a roller or white spirit - a dead give away

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.