Reptile Forums banner

Dwarf boa

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  HABU 
#1 ·
I watched a documenty on nat geo wild with Jesus Rivas and he bumped into a lot of dwarf boas without giving their names,anyone see this i think the doc was called Ultimate Snake.

One dwarf boa that caught my eye was about 12 inches long as an adult and nomore than an inch wide, he said it was the closest living relative to the anaconda. It had common boa patterns and colours but anaconda spots. Anyone know what this species is? There's a big list of species commonly known as dwarf boas but its this one i really liked.

He visited a lot of islands off south america too where he saw a lot of other species of dwarf boa, some of them where very pretty!! anyone see the doc or know any of the species he looked at? Crawl Cay is off the coast of Panama and he didnt visit there so i know its not them.

#2 ·
Crawl Cay is off the coast of Honduras,missed that program what was it called?
regards gaz

#3 ·
I thought Crawl Cay was in the Bocas Del Toro islands off the coast of Panama??

The doc was called Ultimate Snake, if its like all the other stuff on Nat Geo Wild, its gunna be repeated a lot.

#5 ·
CRAWL Cay deffo of Honduras straight out from Belize City
regards gaz

#6 ·
I watched a documenty on nat geo wild with Jesus Rivas and he bumped into a lot of dwarf boas without giving their names,anyone see this i think the doc was called Ultimate Snake.

One dwarf boa that caught my eye was about 12 inches long as an adult and nomore than an inch wide, he said it was the closest living relative to the anaconda. It had common boa patterns and colours but anaconda spots. Anyone know what this species is? There's a big list of species commonly known as dwarf boas but its this one i really liked.

He visited a lot of islands off south america too where he saw a lot of other species of dwarf boa, some of them where very pretty!! anyone see the doc or know any of the species he looked at? Crawl Cay is off the coast of Panama and he didnt visit there so i know its not them.
I saw that documentary, it was very good

#13 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.