A Description of the five scrub species and localities of amethistina - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes


  #11 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
Posts: 22,939
Reviews: 10
Default

Also just to add if anyone wants to ignore Barkers work on this clade and get even more confused in the ramblings of a mad man then read this paper
http://www.smuggled.com/AJHI2.pdf

scrubs start from page 22....however if you read the whole thing you will ahve a good chuckle....as its like a script from jeremy kyle
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2010, 08:43 AM
bladeblaster's Avatar
Posting Deity
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gloucester
Posts: 35,071
Reviews: 2
Default

scrubs rock
Baldpoodle likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2010, 09:09 AM
sender's Avatar
Premier Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jersey CI, UK
Posts: 7,064
Reviews: 3
Default

I really want a scrub and hopefully one day i will, stnning snakes

i enjoyed this thread, nice write up on scrubs mate well done
__________________
25 is an age I do not beelive in, so therefore it does not exsist!

i refuse to turn 25!!!

If it has tyres or testicles, its gona give you trouble!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Premier Citizen
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,887
Default

Brilliant thread mate. I agree with WLW that it would be good to have scale counts included, maybe care requirements as well for each individual sub species, more info the better! I'd love to see this become a sticky!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2010, 03:39 PM
matt83's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 1,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildlifewarrior View Post
I completely agree with your point.
I know the orginal parents from Eriks in germany were from the wild. However like me he incubates them maternally and thus has less control over them. However that aside the parents were still striped.



I did see the tag yes, i understand what you ment aswell. Hence why i stated i personally wouldnt say its a standard looking yearling, or any age of standard moluccan. I personally would have said it was maluku island localtiy
Your more trational looking moluccans look like this
image

The other thing that might be worth mentioning is with regards to the change in colour of them, this ONLY becomes duller in females, males get brighter and retain there young colours due to the species being sexually dimorphic




Yep i agree with you there i guess.
To be fair to see a scrub on sale in most shops is a rare sight in its own right but you want to snap it up when possible.
I am just a big fan of fine detail. Especially so with scrubs because there's so much untrue crap written up on them and they suffer terribly from undeserved reputations.
There was a patterned xanthic nauta in my local shop two years ago. He wanted shot of it and said I could take it for £100. Went back a few days later and it had escaped, never to be seen again. Words cant describe how gutted I felt! O and ill rweply to you PM a little later mate. Just got in from work and I need sleep!!!
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2010, 03:43 PM
matt83's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 1,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildlifewarrior View Post
Also just to add if anyone wants to ignore Barkers work on this clade and get even more confused in the ramblings of a mad man then read this paper
http://www.smuggled.com/AJHI2.pdf

scrubs start from page 22....however if you read the whole thing you will ahve a good chuckle....as its like a script from jeremy kyle
Everyone should print a copy of this paper off! It makes excellent kindling on these cold winter nights!
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
Posts: 22,939
Reviews: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt83 View Post
There was a patterned xanthic nauta in my local shop two years ago. He wanted shot of it and said I could take it for £100. Went back a week later and it had escaped, never to be seen again. Words cant describe how gutted I felt!
lol thats just bad.

A shop local to me got some nauta in ages ago...were talking 5 years maybe....at the time i already had my trio so wasnt after any....however they were in a right panic as they were telling me how skinny these afrocks were they had in.....i was like huh?

even as skinny "afrocks" they still wanted £200 each.....
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2010, 03:44 PM
matt83's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 1,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeblaster View Post
scrubs rock
Yes, they do!
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2010, 03:46 PM
matt83's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 1,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWetherall View Post
Brilliant thread mate. I agree with WLW that it would be good to have scale counts included, maybe care requirements as well for each individual sub species, more info the better! I'd love to see this become a sticky!
I might have to do a re-write and go all out then

Will reply to your PM a little later mate. Right now I need sleep.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2010, 03:47 PM
matt83's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 1,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender View Post
I really want a scrub and hopefully one day i will, stnning snakes

i enjoyed this thread, nice write up on scrubs mate well done
Cheers
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amethystine python , scrub pythons

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Morelia amethistina/amethystine python exoticsadmirer Snakes 19 25-10-2009 05:07 PM
New Naja species description pythondave82 DWA Species 2 21-09-2009 10:02 PM
Feeding vid. Morelia Amethistina Nikolai Nielsen Snakes 7 12-03-2009 12:01 AM
Morelia amethistina Gaboon Snakes 14 17-12-2008 05:53 PM
Sorong Barneck *aka* Morelia Amethistina charliet Snakes 27 21-09-2008 01:58 PM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)