Reptile Forums

Reptile Forums (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/)
-   Snakes (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/)
-   -   A Description of the five scrub species and localities of amethistina (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/610758-description-five-scrub-species-localities.html)

matt83 18-11-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman (Post 7339242)
Record of 28ft?????

Supposedly. But as with all these old records its probably exaggerated.

matt83 18-11-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaunyboy (Post 7339384)
great thread matt

we need more threadsa like this on here

instead of the my snake has'nt ate in 2 weeks stuff

cheers shaun

Yea i dont mind the threads where people have a problem and need help but allot of what people talk about on here is complete nonsense.

matt83 18-11-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildlifewarrior (Post 7339392)
indeed they do...but mine rock more surely? i has more than him...and they size matters

Personally i disbelieve this, one of the accounts of a 8.5 m kinghorni was from Hoser whos more of a tosser

They stated in another account it was 28ft 4 morelia kinghorni found in Gordonvale...however the international encyclopedia states it was found in new guinea,,,which rules out kinghorni....its too inconsistent to be true.

Personally i prefer to believe the rare account of the photos eric worrell took of the 23fter in his reptile park. theres photos to back this up

As for the the reported 28ft.
It was actually 25ft. It was recorded in the 1963 book on aussie snakes, however from what i was told when i tried to source this book was that it was a misprint. This was also confirmed by 3 other people aswell.

But i prefer to believe what i see with my eyes...and so i'll stick with the 23ft: victory:

Just confirmed my suspicions. Alot of the records for giant snakes are tall tales. I certainly dont believe there was a 33ft retic. We would have seen one in captivity by now if they could grow to those kind of sizes.

matt83 18-11-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asa (Post 7339649)
Where could I get an Axanthic Scrub?? Love them!!!

Nauta or clastolepis?

Asa 19-11-2010 02:21 PM

Clastolepis

David_Means 23-11-2010 11:04 PM

matt83,

Did you ask the owners of the images you used in this thread for permission to use them?

David

wildlifewarrior 23-11-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_Means (Post 7366001)
matt83,

Did you ask the owners of the images you used in this thread for permission to use them?

David

I am gonna hazzard a guess as the Biak photo being yours

P.s. you have some cracking scrubs btw ...love your funky Moluccans the most: victory:

Jczreptiles 23-11-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_Means (Post 7366001)
matt83,

David

I was always under the impression if they are posted on the internet unless a copyright has been made before the images are used it does not matter? Posting pics on the net is giving people the right to use them? Personaly when I have posted pics in the past on the net I half expect at some point to use them without my permission, not something that really bothers me, a compliment if anything.

Zimey 24-11-2010 08:20 AM

Cracking thread dude : victory:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jczreptiles (Post 7366040)
I was always under the impression if they are posted on the internet unless a copyright has been made before the images are used it does not matter? Posting pics on the net is giving people the right to use them? Personaly when I have posted pics in the past on the net I half expect at some point to use them without my permission, not something that really bothers me, a compliment if anything.

I was under the same assumption

Wolflore 25-11-2010 07:58 PM

I for one would like to see more indepth information about the Scrubs! Especially those delightful clastolepis :whistling2: