Reptile Forums

Reptile Forums (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/)
-   Snakes (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/)
-   -   A Description of the five scrub species and localities of amethistina (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/610758-description-five-scrub-species-localities.html)

xautomaticflowersx 25-11-2010 10:50 PM

This thread totally passed me by somehow up til now, but it's been a really interesting read. : victory:

matt83 25-11-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_Means (Post 7366001)
matt83,

Did you ask the owners of the images you used in this thread for permission to use them?

David

No I didnt. All the Images (except the tracyae and Aru which are mine) were found on the net. If iv caused any offense by using anyones pics without permission then I apolagize. This thread was written purely as a learning tool to help people better understand this group of snakes.
I would have used more of my animals but most are to young and wouldnt give the reader a good impression of the adults colouration.

If you are un-happy with them being included then I can remove them?

David_Means 26-11-2010 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt83 (Post 7375385)
No I didnt. All the Images (except the tracyae and Aru which are mine) were found on the net. If iv caused any offense by using anyones pics without permission then I apolagize. This thread was written purely as a learning tool to help people better understand this group of snakes.
I would have used more of my animals but most are to young and wouldnt give the reader a good impression of the adults colouration.

If you are un-happy with them being included then I can remove them?

matt83,

I'm sure you meant no harm in using the images, but I think it would've been nice if you'd sent an email or PM to the owners of the images you used asking permission before posting them in this thread. If you contacted me an asked, I'd gladly given you permission and sent you many Scrub images to choose from, as I sure the other image owners would've done the same. All I ask is please show the image owners the courtesy and respect to ask permission to use their images or at the very least give photo credit to the image owners when you use their images.

Thanks, David

Speeple 26-11-2010 11:55 AM

Great thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jczreptiles (Post 7366040)
I was always under the impression if they are posted on the internet unless a copyright has been made before the images are used it does not matter? Posting pics on the net is giving people the right to use them? Personaly when I have posted pics in the past on the net I half expect at some point to use them without my permission, not something that really bothers me, a compliment if anything.

That's not the case at all. The original author assumes copyright - public access to the images doesn't mean you can use them for whatever purpose you wish (there are exceptions).

matt83 27-11-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_Means (Post 7376076)
matt83,

I'm sure you meant no harm in using the images, but I think it would've been nice if you'd sent an email or PM to the owners of the images you used asking permission before posting them in this thread. If you contacted me an asked, I'd gladly given you permission and sent you many Scrub images to choose from, as I sure the other image owners would've done the same. All I ask is please show the image owners the courtesy and respect to ask permission to use their images or at the very least give photo credit to the image owners when you use their images.

Thanks, David

Thats fare enough. By the way, you have some lovely scrubs! : victory:

stuart73 27-11-2010 09:13 PM

Brilliant read and info by both matt83 (great pics) and as allways christian..great to see some real information on this sp...

thanks guys

jay67 11-12-2010 12:44 AM

great thread some very helpfull info all together. Have wanted a scrub for a very long time and at last I pick up a 09 female barneck sorong on sunday, christmas pressie to myself.:no1:

Jay

Wolflore 11-12-2010 06:33 PM

Does anyone have some pics of adult clastolepis in the hand to get an idea of full grown size/length/girth?

ian kerr 11-12-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolflore (Post 7446635)
Does anyone have some pics of adult clastolepis in the hand to get an idea of full grown size/length/girth?

NO! .....BUT i have some naked pics of me
and i dont mind if they are used on here!!

hope this helps

Gregg M

Wolflore 18-12-2010 10:52 PM

So, apart from Ian, does anyone else have any pics of full grown clastolepis in hand?