Reptile Forums banner

humidity for carpet python

Tags
snake
6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  shaunyboy 
#1 ·
Hi what would you recommend for the best humidity level to keep a jungle carpet python?

Thanks

#3 ·
jungles dont need as high humidity as royals do, as nelly1 said, leave a big bowl of water in the middle of the viv and that will be fine.

#6 ·
same again as what nelly said, dont pay attention to them things, their crap, and if you can hit 45-50% for humidity then you'll be ok, as long as your mist the viv when snake is in shed.
a large water bowl will be fine, honest.

#9 ·
that says it all mate, it blademaster himself dont mist or increase the humidity then go by that, he's bred loads of carpets and knows his stuff.
(bladmaster send me that cheque tomorrow yeah :lol2:)

#10 ·
I usually stick a very small (just big enough for the snake) humid hide in there when they're heading towards shed. Basically like a plastic box sort of thing with a hole cut in one side and sanded smooth, stick some damp moss in there, and leave it in the middle of the viv. If they use it they use it, if not, they don't.

I was advised to put my large water bowl under the heat source to increase evaporation and as a result, humidity. I've since learnt that in doing so, you speed up fungal growth, so I would advise against that! :2thumb:

#11 ·
As has previously been said, you don't need to mist (ever), you don't need humid hides, the water bowl doesn't need to be on the hot side of the viv. It's all very simple, get the temps right in the enclosure, put a water bowl in and hey presto, a perfect enclosure. Shedding problems with Carpets are usually related to health problems, occasionaly you get a snake that doesn't shed properly but it has nothing to do with humidity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.