Reptile Forums banner

The magic of Powerade - thanks to wlw

3K views 37 replies 22 participants last post by  bladeblaster 
#1 ·
This guy, Caramel, suddenly stopped feeding and became really thin. A few weeks ago he started to become listless and I was sure I would lose him. I decided to try the Powerade bath and amazingly within a few minutes of taking him out he ate a small mouse. He's since eaten 2 more smalls at 7 day intervals and tonight ate his 1st medium mouse for quite a while.

He's back to his normal lively self and already looks loads better.

See less See more
#11 ·
i got 2 bottles of the blue, i have never tasted the stuff and dont intend to, because if i think 'yum thats nice' then the snakes wont get any if they do end up needing it :lol2:

#16 ·
Is there a point you are trying to make here?

I don't think Christian has ever claimed that it is HIS method, its just something he passed on his experience of. Christian was taught the method in France as far as I am aware.

However people use 'Christians' thread, for the very simple fact that he put a lot of time and effort in to creating his 'Alternative method' threads, with loads of pictures and clear explanations, and people find them easy to follow.

#22 · (Edited)
:2thumb: I used it on my corn when I found him after a month and a half lost :S. he was fine afterwards and ate and he's doing good. GO blue :D
THANKS WLW
or at least thanks for letting us know about it

#23 ·
This sounds like something worth trying with my MBK, who's not been feeding for almost two months. (If not, somebody tell me not to!)

The only thing that Christian's thread doesn't explain is the ratio. Pauline, would it be possible to say how much Powerade you added to how much water? I don't want my Mexican Black Kingsnake to become a Mexican Tropical Green Kingsnake...

Thanks!

#24 ·
The only thing that Christian's thread doesn't explain is the ratio.
He actually does to an extend ..

Now for rehydrating a badly dehydrated snake you want around 75% powerade added in there. depending on how bad it is and if its not due to dehydration. Pm me or ask on here if you need futher advice
I suppose you have to play with it a bit .... Now a PM is obviously out of a question unfortunately ..

#25 ·
Yeah I spotted that bit. Like he said, it changes if it's not for dehydration and I don't want to get it wrong! Not sure how badly it could go, but if there's a chance of screwing my MBK up even more than she is atm, I don't wanna risk it!

And... obviously... can't PM him about it.... :whistling2:

#28 ·
Perfect, cheers Pauline! :notworthy:

#30 ·
Ah, that's good to know. Btw (and sorry for all the questions!) if it's being used to kick start a snake feeding, does Christian's "take them out for 90 mins, do it again, put them in a damp place for 12 hours" thing apply? That sounds like it's catered towards a dehydrated snake as compared to a general health thing. Would a Powerade bath followed by the 90min gap and then another do the trick without the 12 hour paddle work?

#31 ·
Nah I think that really only applies to dehydration ... The powerade bath is pretty much the cheaper version of "repti boost" - once they drink it, it just probably just boosts their metabolism .. well that is my theory anyway :whistling2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.