Do some bloody research before you get it!!! - Page 4 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 26-05-2011, 07:50 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M View Post
Well I consider most (not all) of the reptile information that is a mouse click away to be crap and not much better than pet shop information...

I am not saying it is accaptable to impulse buy without having the proper info at hand... However, it is something that happens often and it is how this hobby started... What I am saying is people should be more understanding and give the person the necessary info and not bitch about it.. If they do not take the info, its on them...
but there was these great inventions called...books!

if you give advise and the person (who hasnt even read a care sheet or asked basic husbandry questions) then makes out that your doing the wrong thing then a rant is quite understandable!!
louise83 likes this.

Reptile Awareness Group
-raising awareness and education about reptiles. Fancy joining us? Drop us a line!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Premier Member

if anything i'd say shes the one being cruel to her snake, feeding it daily could cause obesity!!

As for the no research, i agree the shop should have been responsible and gave her the info needed about feeding and looking after them. When i got my first snake, a milk snake, we knew NOTHING about snake care and we didn't have the internet, if it wasn't for the reptile shop giving us the correct advice, god knows what we would have done, maybe also would have fed it daily! LOL but to be honest, the fact she has now come to you for advice but thrown it back in your face and said you are cruel to your animals is just cheeky!!!

so i have no sympathy for her and can understand why you are ticked off!
louise83 likes this.
0.0.1 cali king snake- Cali
1.0.0 Hognose - Pinnochio
0.1.0 Sand Boa - Dune
1.0.0 Green Bush Ratsnake - Forest
0.1.1 Amazon Tree Boa - Igni & Onyx
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Nyx

Other pets
0.2.0 Siamese cats - Nala and Duchess,
Old 26-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndixon7868 View Post
I too have heard of these care sheets of which you speak.. but like your friend, i believe you are starving your snake. needs more often than daily. mine get fed 3 times a day!

This comment is far more sensible to me than feeding weekly! i mean how dare anyone feed there pets just once a week! all 30 odd of my boas get fed the same time as I do which is at least 5 times a day! They love nothing more than to start the day with a good fry up!
louise83 and gaijin_lost like this.

Old 26-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoneringx View Post
Tell me about it, my mother recently got a miniature Jack Russel, it's a nightmare! Always yapping and growling... Got a good mind to get myself a BCI

Ha Ha I can help you with this! those yapping dogs are rubbish anyway lol
Old 26-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Super Citizen

i bought my first snake when my missus was in labour for 3 days. but new nothing about them. was well informed by the shop on how to look after her. but since then in the last 2 years i now own many snakes. and have learnt loads from one of the shop's staff. from probing, force feeding , tube feeding, getting rid of mites !!!!! etc... i think personnaly the longer you spend with them the more you learn. and you cant belive everything you read on the internet
Old 26-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Forum Citizen

Oh god what have I started??
My point was DONT SAY IM STARVING MY PETS WHEN YOU HAVENT READ A CARE SHEET ON YOUR OWN!!! I gave her the nessasry advice and was basically told the above! and as I also said I gave her links for care sheets and said what I do with mine, I was having a rant about what she said to me, NOT being bitchy because she asked!!!
Thanks Booie her set up sounds fine, temps fine, has a stat and digi themometer and wee snake has 2 hides, logs and greenery.
Old 26-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise83 View Post
My point was DONT SAY IM STARVING MY PETS WHEN YOU HAVENT READ A CARE SHEET ON YOUR OWN!!! I gave her the nessasry advice and was basically told the above! and as I also said I gave her links for care sheets and said what I do with mine, I was having a rant about what she said to me, NOT being bitchy because she asked!!!
Thanks Booie her set up sounds fine, temps fine, has a stat and digi themometer and wee snake has 2 hides, logs and greenery.

Relax nobody is having a dig at you just jumping on the humour side of things! Us humble snake keepers dont get out much pmsl
Old 26-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley165 View Post
Relax nobody is having a dig at you just jumping on the humour side of things! Us humble snake keepers dont get out much pmsl
It was the comment about helping instead of being bitchy, thought i'd quoted it tbh been sitting having a giggle about the poor wee handbag pups (we call them slippers ) I do take in good humour (apart from that one comment)
Old 26-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise83 View Post
ahhh, i assumed it was because the lady in question did no prior research to buying the animal as the thread name implys...
Old 26-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Premier Citizen

Its funny because you referred her here. She'll get slated.
a-jones1324 likes this.

Tags
snakes