Reptile Forums banner

ceramic bulb

Tags
snakes
413 views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  SirSlithers 
#1 ·
just a quick one i have a four foot viv was wanting to change to a ceramic bulb the question is what watt size bulb is best to get the right temp ??? :whistling2:

#3 ·
I would put a 150 watt in should be more than enough i have 60/75s in my 2ft vivs am going to try 150s in my 5ft vivs when i finish making them and see how it goes

#6 ·
a 150 will be fine, its always better to go higher than lower, so then your ceramic wont struggle to get to the right temps, and as long as your running on a stat (which is a must) then the stat will deal with it.

#8 ·
Bit off topic, but does this really work? I thought that the amount of power given out by a bulb connected to a stat should be the same regardless of the wattage rating of the bulb (as long as the rating is higher than what the stat needs of course).
If it does it could well save a bit of money, although I am a little skeptical...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.