Kayaudi retic question - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 07-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Massive Member
Reviews: 6
Send a message via MSN to fishboy

Males tend to stay level in price while females will command slightly higher. This is my observation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooMan View Post
I have been trying to sell my CB10 female for several months now....no luck at all.

To the OP, are you sure you don't want to get a female to make a nice pairing?

Yours is one of the nicest i have seen Dave, and not far of being breedable so im sure it won't be around for long!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu.G View Post
Yours is one of the nicest i have seen Dave, and not far of being breedable so im sure it won't be around for long!
I hope you are right mate. Alternatively I could buy the OP's male.... Wonder if he would swap for some royals?!?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Gold Star Member
Reviews: 3

She is gorgeous to be fair... If I had seen her prior to Donny I would of snapped her up!
She would of gone well as I already have a 2010 pair. Who did you get her off?
Stu you said she looks almost breedable..
Excuse me as I'm a far better lizard breeder but It was my assumption that as a rule you wait until at least 3 years old.
I know some people go on weight with female royals but its said that people should wait till they mature as well.
So I am curious as the Kayuadis are about a year and a half how that makes then nearly breedable or whether you mean in the next year or so?
Saying that I had been told by a few people that this particular retic due to slowing down their growth can be bred at 2 years no problem?

Thanks
Jordan
Old 07-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJordan View Post
She is gorgeous to be fair... If I had seen her prior to Donny I would of snapped her up!
She would of gone well as I already have a 2010 pair. Who did you get her off?
Stu you said she looks almost breedable..
Excuse me as I'm a far better lizard breeder but It was my assumption that as a rule you wait until at least 3 years old.
I know some people go on weight with female royals but its said that people should wait till they mature as well.
So I am curious as the Kayuadis are about a year and a half how that makes then nearly breedable or whether you mean in the next year or so?
Saying that I had been told by a few people that this particular retic due to slowing down their growth can be bred at 2 years no problem?

Thanks
Jordan
I am no expert on retics myself to be honest (many would say anything at all). When it comes to the royals we are happy to breed on size but as you say many would allow a bit longer.

I bought her at Donny last year from Baz at Premiere Morphs. I personally think she would be ready to breed next season, but as I say I am no expert and will probably be put in my place....

Dave
Old 07-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Gold Star Member
Reviews: 3

Quote:
I am no expert on retics myself to be honest (many would say anything at all). When it comes to the royals we are happy to breed on size but as you say many would allow a bit longer.

I bought her at Donny last year from Baz at Premiere Morphs. I personally think she would be ready to breed next season, but as I say I am no expert and will probably be put in my place....

Dave
Thanks for that!

Ah shes a clutchmate of my pair then
Outstanding retics, and respond to touch so well.
They are nuts until you get them out though, but thats their silly feeding responses I find. One touch and they completely relax.
Best snakes I have in my collection by far!

I dont see why she isnt snapped up. I remember looking for adults and sub adults last year and I couldn't find females under £300 anywhere! Males where all about £200-250.
I was shocked to see the hatchlings at Donny from Baz had come down £50 in a year!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Premier Citizen

if you want a pair i can do a good price for hatchlings
Old 08-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
I hope you are right mate. Alternatively I could buy the OP's male.... Wonder if he would swap for some royals?!?!?
I'm thinking buying my male might be a good idea!!! What royals do you have BTW?

Welcome to the world Harley,our baby boy born 8/1/10 8lbs9oz!!

"Oderint dum metuant"