Why always royals - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 05-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Super Citizen
Send a message via MSN to xXxLynnxXx

Having kept normal royals for years its only just recently that i now own a couple of morphs ( a mojave and pastel ) , they are just pure eye candy lol id seen pictures of pastels but seeing them and the mojave in the flesh pictures just dont do them justice ! some beauties out there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Premier Member

for the most part they are gentle, handelable, vaired in pattern/colour and so adictive, fairly easy to breed/keep and they are the kind of animal its not difficult for children to interact with should they show an intrest

Hook me up a new revolution, Coz this one is a lie.....
Old 05-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Premier Citizen

how could you say no
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Super Citizen

I see where you are coming from but I dont see why it is a bad thing. They are cheap, easy to get, small and great for familys. People with kids wouldnt want a 15 foot snake getting loose in the house!
fjfenton likes this.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Premier Member

or

MAB90 and CharleyG.13 like this.

Hook me up a new revolution, Coz this one is a lie.....
Old 05-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfirez View Post

how could you say no
Even though they are very pretty would quite easily say no
bikenut likes this.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Forum Citizen

think ya did answer your own question. but at the same time it's each to their own. everyone buys a snake breed for a different reason. but care and size of the snake has to be a major issue. no good buying Burmese or retucs if you havnt got much room I guess.

I got a royal as my first simply as I love her markings. I think royals are gorgeous. I am how ever eventually going to get a Burmese. which will most likely be a albino. ( once I convince the OH lol) but not cause of the size it gets just simply as I think they r gorgeous.

but from what I've seen so far I would imagine for most people it's the fact there are thousands of morpths and don't take up much space
Old 05-07-2011, 05:15 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidersnake View Post
I just cant understand why EVERYONE loves royals, to me they'r nothing special. A 15' burm or 25' retic, now thats special......
Imo, royals are everywhere & therefore have become boring. I dont mean to offend anyone, I just cant understand why everybody loves them.

To be honest, I dont think you love Royals ... So that rules out everyone.

So because something is popular, you find it boring? ... What if your burms or retics become as popular as Royals, will you then find them boring, not love them anymore?

Also someone correct me if Im wrong, but I think a 25ft Retic would be rather special yes, due to being the biggest in the world.
hogboy, GJR, hadgo and 3 others like this.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Postaholic Member

I find Corn snakes rather boring when compared to the Royals . I'd never have Corns again, love Royals & will always keep them . Royals keep you guessing (is it going to feed this week or not ). I like a challenge & Royals give me that .

Member 29559

Old 05-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Gold Star Member

quite similar to the thread about the appeal of FWC's LOL... it mostly comes down to taste and a new snake owner's general lack of originaliry :P

i like royals, but i agree there are many more snakes out there that are of a manageable size and gorgeous.
my girlfriend likes carpets, and i like bloods...but there are spotted pythons, children's pythons, black headed, womas, scrubs, white lipped...etc etc etc. all are beautiful and fun.

and then if you're bored of pythons there are boas...

and then Colubrids...

it all comes down to taste really. i could wish that beginners would show some originality by getting something less common, but corns and royals do typically make "good starter snakes"...which is a misnomer as many snakes are good starter snakes providing you do research (and many idiots get corns and royals with no research at all) but it gives new owners a bit more confidence i guess.

but IMO royals are great. they maintain cuteness throughout their lives, are usually really soppy calm...and aside from the odd issue with feeding, seem to be pretty easy. but that issue with feeding makes me not like recommending them as a first snake as it can be a source of great stress.

"Not the imprisoned moonlight welling through the marble walls of Minas Ithil long ago, Tower of the Moon, fair and radiant in the hollow of the hills. Paler indeed than the moon ailing in some slow eclipse was the light of it now, wavering and blowing like a noisome exhalation of decay, a corpse-light, a light that illuminated nothing." - Tolkein

>>www.denythefallen.com<<

If you can't follow something as simple as Wil Wheaton's Law, i have no time for you at all.

Tags
pythons