Corn snakes - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 07-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by em_40 View Post
There's tonnes of stuff in there. They can bury in the aspen, there's lot of cork bark two big bamboo roots, hay and fake plants at the moment plus a little wooden bridge thing for rodents and some flower pots.

I might give a RUB a go anyway and if that doesn't work out it doesn't matter. Will the 70l be tall enough though it's only about 20cm inside length? or better to go with something like the 84l which has less floor space but a bit more height?
For rodents??
I'm sorry are you live feeding?
You should not be live feeding in the tank. The worst thing you can do is put a live mouse (/mice) in with 2 females together. You aren't even advised to feed frozen in the same tank.
1.0.0 Normal Corn snake - Muscles | 1.0.0 Normal Royal - Zeus|0.1.0 Albino Tangerine Honduran MIilk snake - Citrus | 1.0.0 Sunglow Boa - Basil |0.1.0 Silver Trans Pecos Rat snake - Phantom |0.1.0 Mexican Black King snake - Eden |1.0.1 South Carolina Corn snakes - (RIP)Maya(RIP), Aztec, (RIP)Piccolini(RIP), Inca.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Serpentine Mind View Post
For rodents??
You should not be live feeding in the tank. The worst thing you can do is put a live mouse (/mice) in with 2 females together. You aren't even advised to feed frozen in the same tank.

I'm assuming she meant the bridge thing was originally for use in rodent cages rather for use of rodents within this cage. Quite a lot of people use rodent furniture as snake furniture - it's cheaper.

http://www.procorns.co.uk/stargazerproject.html

Please donate to help our cause!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Serpentine Mind View Post
For rodents??
I think she means that the bridge ornament is actually meant for things like hamster cages rather than snakes

And a beardie called Locust.
My Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Ultra Citizen

I meant just the little wooden bridges that are in the rodent section yeh, not for actual rodents in my tank... I do feed them frozen/thawed, and I do feed them out of the tank too.

And the snakes are in my bedroom actually, which why I'm suprised I never see them because when I go to bed at whatever time, they're still in their hides. However I don't get up at 5 and I am always in bed by then, so perhaps they are early birds like bradly said.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by em_40 View Post
I meant just the little wooden bridges that are in the rodent section yeh, not for actual rodents in my tank... I do feed them frozen/thawed, and I do feed them out of the tank too.

And the snakes are in my bedroom actually, which why I'm suprised I never see them because when I go to bed at whatever time, they're still in their hides. However I don't get up at 5 and I am always in bed by then, so perhaps they are early birds like bradly said.
Oh ok I misread.

Sometimes snakes are just lazy...mine are in my bedroom too and i take an hour to fall asleep. I walk out of the room to go to the bathroom, get water, etc, and Basil will always just be sticking his head out of his hide. Nothing more...
1.0.0 Normal Corn snake - Muscles | 1.0.0 Normal Royal - Zeus|0.1.0 Albino Tangerine Honduran MIilk snake - Citrus | 1.0.0 Sunglow Boa - Basil |0.1.0 Silver Trans Pecos Rat snake - Phantom |0.1.0 Mexican Black King snake - Eden |1.0.1 South Carolina Corn snakes - (RIP)Maya(RIP), Aztec, (RIP)Piccolini(RIP), Inca.

Tags
corn snake , rub