Cheapest Rack? - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 08-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly75 View Post
If anyones got lots fo juvi snakes its worth looking at the plastic shelves wicks do about 12 odd quid and fits loads, i got 6 lots joined making up one of our 8 sided rep loft.
Link please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly75 View Post
If anyones got lots fo juvi snakes its worth looking at the plastic shelves wicks do about 12 odd quid and fits loads, i got 6 lots joined making up one of our 8 sided rep loft.

does your loft ever get too hot? im an electrician and have spent plenty of times in attics and loft spaces they get like sauna's, what do you use to cool it if you have to?
Old 08-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wheeler View Post
Link please
Just been looking can't seem to find the wicks ones I use?

Argos do a sime thing Buy 4 Tier Sigma Plastic Shelving Unit - White at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Shelves and wall mounted shelving.

But its much more expensive, I'll keep looking
AilsaM likes this.
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 12:25 AM
No Life Member

Hi,

I've always found the wooden part of the snake rack to the by far the cheapest so I would probably say buy melamine and get it precut to build a traditional rack rather than buy tables or shelves etc then have to faff around with them and discover your house is too cool for an open sided rack.

dr del

Proud Arch Bishop of the Amaltheans.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysishere View Post
does your loft ever get too hot? im an electrician and have spent plenty of times in attics and loft spaces they get like sauna's, what do you use to cool it if you have to?
It does but its taken a few years to learn how the temps go, everythings stated and we have on anf off automatic switches, it be fun to run as I have mats, cables and vivs and lighting so its always a must to check weather

oh on the hottest day we had loft held 90 without any heating or lighting only me Uros had lights on went to 130 as usual for them
Old 08-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by **louise** View Post
Really like the Ikea Pax frames and shelves. I will probably go with that idea later.

There is always the ikea side table rack. Think there is a thread about it on here somewhere......

I didn't like that table idea as it takes up a hell of a lot of space compared to a normal rack or the Pax wardrobe rack . Also with the Pax wardrobe you can have various size RUBs in it for different sized snakes . It is a more versitile idea IMO .

Member 29559

Old 08-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by corny girl View Post
I didn't like that table idea as it takes up a hell of a lot of space compared to a normal rack or the Pax wardrobe rack . Also with the Pax wardrobe you can have various size RUBs in it for different sized snakes . It is a more versitile idea IMO .
That's ok, I didn't like it either
corny girl likes this.