first tag first thoughts - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 07-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Super Regular
Default first tag first thoughts

Hey first things first I'm still awaiting my first bite so before it happens as I can feel it coming so I fort I'd ask how was ur lots first experience and how bad is the pain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Posting Deity

Depends on the snake! My first was a corn snake bite and didn't hurt, just took me by surprise. Second was more painful as I got chewed on for a full 5 mins by a king snake. It got slightly infected and I didn't realise he had left a tooth in my hand till 2 weeks later!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Super Citizen

What kind of snake do you keep?

I was tagged twice by my 'baby' boa and I barely felt it at all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Ultra Citizen

I proudly got tagged by a 3 day old CCP

It tickled

Twitter ...https://twitter.com/Burmtastic

Facebook www.facebook.com/miss.a.louise
Old 07-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Super Citizen

The pain was awful, at one stage I nearly cried but then my wife told me to pull myself together and pointed out it was only a hatchling corn snake. Behind every good male snakekeeper there is a good woman
Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat314 View Post
The pain was awful, at one stage I nearly cried but then my wife told me to pull myself together and pointed out it was only a hatchling corn snake. Behind every good male snakekeeper there is a good woman
Mat314 likes this.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:58 PM
5 Star Member

As everyones said depends what snake, just remember dont pull away because it WILL hurt more. Deffensive bites hurt less than feeding response bites now they can hurt. I got bit by my 6 foot burm and it wasnt pleasent but your in such shock (unless your hard core snake keeper LOL) that it dosnt hurt until you realised whats happened and even then its no worse that when my girlfriends cat attacked me.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Ultra Citizen

1st bite was from young royal and I had to question if she bit me asfelt more like she head butted me, then the blood started lol

2nd bite same royal didn't phase me at all, surprised by the bruising it left though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Churchill View Post
The trouble with quotes from the Internet is you can never validate their authenticity
Old 08-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Premier Member

id say depending on the snake its more shock than pain due to the speed they move. And the majority of the time its keeper error. Just keep your wits about you and you;ll be waiting a while, so just forget about it and enjoy your snake hun

as for first bites, mine was from 2 common boas, a baby, and a 1 year old in the space of 5seconds. STUPID newbe error, in my genius i was keeping them together in the same viv and thought itd be ok to feed them together...baby struck at her food, missed and bit my finger, in the meantime the bigger one snuck round the back of the viv and bit me on the elbow SOOOOOO glad in know better now lol...

Hook me up a new revolution, Coz this one is a lie.....
Old 08-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Gold Star Member

First bite I think was a hatchling cali king, could have been a corn before that but i remember the king better. It bit me many many times, couldn't even draw anymore than a single drop of blood until it got a lot bigger.

Doesn't hurt, more shock than anything. Lots bite and release, they don't hurt. Some chew but I end up laughing going your eyes are so much bigger than your belly

First bigger bite did hurt, adult female bci, missed rat, in a low viv, got my knee, I was feeding in my PJ's so no protection. Would not let go for a few mins, ended up prodding with the rat for her to let go and grab that instead. Nicely bruised but that one hurt more due to where it was. Anything on arms/hands doesn't bother me.

So after waffling it depends on size of snake, the type of bite (food related or defensive) and where. I'm betting you will jump.

Tags
snake bite