Two headed Royal! - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes


  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Amy2310's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 1,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeblaster View Post
its conjoined twins, its 'quite' common, and because there are more normals born, laws of averages thats all.
Ahh, thankies, I guess the laws of averages bit makes a lot of sense with the amount of Normals around.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 11:50 AM
MrBoa's Avatar
Super Citizen
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 747
Default

you think thats cool?? I have a third nipple!
__________________
sam
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 11:52 AM
bladeblaster's Avatar
Posting Deity
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gloucester
Posts: 35,069
Reviews: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoa View Post
you think thats cool?? I have a third nipple!

Thats nothing I have a third Leg
MrBoa and dr del like this.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Premier Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Morden, Surrey
Posts: 7,367
Reviews: 2
Send a message via MSN to SSamm
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
wonder why we keep seeing two headed snakes, but never two tailed snakes
That's because two headed snakes are actually twins but in the egg instead of forming separately the bodies formed together. So if a animal was to have two tails and one head the other skull would basically be inside the visible one.

Snakes with two snakes as far as I'm aware basically have two sets of spines (so technically two tails just one is visible)

Least if one decides it wants to be a picky eater and the other doesn't its still getting food LOL
__________________
1.0 Border Collie 1.0 corn snake
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Sephiroth's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Leeds
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSamm View Post
That's because two headed snakes are actually twins but in the egg instead of forming separately the bodies formed together. So if a animal was to have two tails and one head the other skull would basically be inside the visible one.

Snakes with two snakes as far as I'm aware basically have two sets of spines (so technically two tails just one is visible)

Least if one decides it wants to be a picky eater and the other doesn't its still getting food LOL
dissappointed I can't find any that are 100% genuine

Found these two, though I suspect they are fake as they are from a taxidermy artist :





found quite a few two tailed lizards and even a two tailed dog, but no two tailed snake
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 01:30 PM
bradly's Avatar
Forum Citizen
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 506
Default

That bottom one looks real enough. If you were enough of a tyke and cut a snakes tail very carefully it might heal and then have two tails but lets hope nobody tries that.
__________________
BRAD
1 Corn - Sir Drake
1 BCI - Genghis
I'll find something to put here

Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Sephiroth's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Leeds
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
That bottom one looks real enough. If you were enough of a tyke and cut a snakes tail very carefully it might heal and then have two tails but lets hope nobody tries that.
it does look real, but it comes from the guy who brought us many amazing natural wonders such as the mighty Sea Rabbit and the incredible Whip Tailed Tree Octopus

takeshi yamada - Google Search
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 01:45 PM
bladeblaster's Avatar
Posting Deity
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gloucester
Posts: 35,069
Reviews: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSamm View Post
That's because two headed snakes are actually twins but in the egg instead of forming separately the bodies formed together. So if a animal was to have two tails and one head the other skull would basically be inside the visible one.
I don't think thats correct, conjoined twins don't have 2 of everything, so a 1 headed conjoined twin could have 2 tails, it just depends which parts get absorbed by which twin. Most aren't viable and die before you can even make out which bits were what.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Premier Member
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Morden, Surrey
Posts: 7,367
Reviews: 2
Send a message via MSN to SSamm
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeblaster View Post
I don't think thats correct, conjoined twins don't have 2 of everything, so a 1 headed conjoined twin could have 2 tails, it just depends which parts get absorbed by which twin. Most aren't viable and die before you can even make out which bits were what.

True, i dont know much about them, but i mean the two tail thing could be a bone defect if anything. But head wise surely two brains ect form inside the egg? I dont know much about joined babies.
__________________
1.0 Border Collie 1.0 corn snake
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2011, 02:10 PM
bladeblaster's Avatar
Posting Deity
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gloucester
Posts: 35,069
Reviews: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSamm View Post
True, i dont know much about them, but i mean the two tail thing could be a bone defect if anything. But head wise surely two brains ect form inside the egg? I dont know much about joined babies.
yes but any part could be sticking from anywhere effectively, just depends on teh stage of development that it happens really.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
double , head , royal , snake

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what the hell a 2 headed royal python brxy7 Snakes 29 29-05-2011 11:57 PM
The 2 headed royal, eating! ink&reps Snakes 17 20-01-2011 10:20 PM
Check this out..2 headed royal feeding jnr Snakes 46 02-07-2010 10:10 PM
Two headed royal Roewammi Snakes 9 07-09-2008 11:55 PM
Two Headed Royal t-bo Snake Pictures 5 15-09-2006 10:00 PM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:02 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)