Reptile Forums

Reptile Forums (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/)
-   Snakes (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/)
-   -   co-housing corn snakes -mayby itis not such a good idea. (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/718478-co-housing-corn-snakes-mayby.html)

alinoee 08-07-2011 03:50 PM

co-housing corn snakes -mayby itis not such a good idea.

to cut long strory short- 6 years ago i went with my girlfriend to reptile shop to get her a snake for a birthday. there were two adult corns kept together and we picked one. in the mean time second one sneaked into her purse so we decide to not to separate them and gave them a home. at the time i knew very little about the snakes so i asked and read if I can co-house them. a lot of people keep them together so I did too. after 6 years ghost passed away. he almost never missed meal, couple times chased me around the room. the other one, on the other hand, was very shy for all those years. he has a small bump, struck only once and i really thought he will be first to go. now, since ghost has passed away my normal struck three times in the row. he seems to be bit more active and he does not get scared as much as he did. thou there is no conclusion to draw, it really seems that co-housing might affect snakes. propably not in their life-death aspect but rather in giving them comfortable life.
i thought i will share it with you as my personal experience.
sorry for very long post and my English too.

Hissy Missy 08-07-2011 03:52 PM

was this on our planet?

xoneringx 08-07-2011 04:01 PM

We already know all this, remember the whacked out, drunken thread? Oh no, wait, you probably don't :lol2:

alinoee 08-07-2011 04:03 PM

and im sure it brings a lot of exp to co-housing corns thread.
Quote:

Originally Posted by xoneringx (Post 8547201)
We already know all this, remember the whacked out, drunken thread? Oh no, wait, you probably don't :lol2:

nelly1 08-07-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinoee (Post 8547143)
to cut long strory short- 6 years ago i went with my girlfriend to reptile shop to get her a snake for a birthday. there were two adult corns kept together and we picked one. in the mean time second one sneaked into her purse so we decide to not to separate them and gave them a home. at the time i knew very little about the snakes so i asked and read if I can co-house them. a lot of people keep them together so I did too. after 6 years ghost passed away. he almost never missed meal, couple times chased me around the room. the other one, on the other hand, was very shy for all those years. he has a small bump, struck only once and i really thought he will be first to go. now, since ghost has passed away my normal struck three times in the row. he seems to be bit more active and he does not get scared as much as he did. thou there is no conclusion to draw, it really seems that co-housing might affect snakes. propably not in their life-death aspect but rather in giving them comfortable life.
i thought i will share it with you as my personal experience.
sorry for very long post and my English too.

Dominance is a risk with co-habitting.
PS,please tell me i won't need to hit the booze and herbs and end up talking to a cat again