co-housing corn snakes -mayby itis not such a good idea. - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 08-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Ultra Citizen
Default co-housing corn snakes -mayby itis not such a good idea.

to cut long strory short- 6 years ago i went with my girlfriend to reptile shop to get her a snake for a birthday. there were two adult corns kept together and we picked one. in the mean time second one sneaked into her purse so we decide to not to separate them and gave them a home. at the time i knew very little about the snakes so i asked and read if I can co-house them. a lot of people keep them together so I did too. after 6 years ghost passed away. he almost never missed meal, couple times chased me around the room. the other one, on the other hand, was very shy for all those years. he has a small bump, struck only once and i really thought he will be first to go. now, since ghost has passed away my normal struck three times in the row. he seems to be bit more active and he does not get scared as much as he did. thou there is no conclusion to draw, it really seems that co-housing might affect snakes. propably not in their life-death aspect but rather in giving them comfortable life.
i thought i will share it with you as my personal experience.
sorry for very long post and my English too.
punky_jen likes this.

Last edited by alinoee; 08-07-2011 at 03:53 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Premier Member

was this on our planet?

Hook me up a new revolution, Coz this one is a lie.....
Old 08-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Premier Citizen

We already know all this, remember the whacked out, drunken thread? Oh no, wait, you probably don't
**louise** likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanhippie View Post
I couldnt be with someone who listened to XFactor stuff. I'd kill them. Or it'd kill me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Ultra Citizen

and im sure it brings a lot of exp to co-housing corns thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoneringx View Post
We already know all this, remember the whacked out, drunken thread? Oh no, wait, you probably don't
Old 08-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinoee View Post
to cut long strory short- 6 years ago i went with my girlfriend to reptile shop to get her a snake for a birthday. there were two adult corns kept together and we picked one. in the mean time second one sneaked into her purse so we decide to not to separate them and gave them a home. at the time i knew very little about the snakes so i asked and read if I can co-house them. a lot of people keep them together so I did too. after 6 years ghost passed away. he almost never missed meal, couple times chased me around the room. the other one, on the other hand, was very shy for all those years. he has a small bump, struck only once and i really thought he will be first to go. now, since ghost has passed away my normal struck three times in the row. he seems to be bit more active and he does not get scared as much as he did. thou there is no conclusion to draw, it really seems that co-housing might affect snakes. propably not in their life-death aspect but rather in giving them comfortable life.
i thought i will share it with you as my personal experience.
sorry for very long post and my English too.
Dominance is a risk with co-habitting.
PS,please tell me i won't need to hit the booze and herbs and end up talking to a cat again
xoneringx and **louise** like this.

Tags
corn snakes co-housing