Reptile Forums banner

Carpet breeding question

799 views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  bladeblaster 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I have a quick question regards carpet python breeding.....

What would I get if I breed my male IJ carpet to my female Jag sib? (and any pics of what the offspring might look like)

New to all this breeding lark....

Thanks in advance:2thumb:

#3 · (Edited)
In a nutshell I personally would not bother with this pairing as you are likely to end up with a high number of average looking mixed carpet hatchlings that you are likely to have difficulty homing. Best off getting an IJ female for the IJ male.

Just my take on things and for the same reasons I will not be doing such mongrel pairings next year.

#5 ·
If you are gong too do this pairing try too ensure you can move some on or at least be prepared too house all the babies, I am going too have a go this year myself and have already cleared the room I will need for the babies (if any happen). Good luck with it though.

Tim

#12 · (Edited)
Wrong - they would not in effect be IJ's. If they were sold as such it would be a gross misrepresentation as they are not pure as they contain 25% blood of another carpet type. It is people coming to such conclusions that causes all these threads whereby someone asks 'what carpet type is this snake' as some moron has incorrectly labelled it for whatever reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.