Reptile Forums banner

The last thing i expected to catch whilst fishing.

1K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  brownj6709 
#1 · (Edited)
We had some glorious weather on sunday so I thought sod it I go dig up some worms and do a bit of perching and grab the mrs and a picnic and make a day of it, she decided she was gonna go see her gran for a bit first so I plodded up to my usual spot on the river alone. Set-up started fishing and caught a couple of tiddlers, all the while I was feeding a tiny vole bits of bread as it kept flying out of its hole and knicking em from around my feet. Anyway about an hour into my little noddybashing session (if your an angler you'll understand that term lol) I spotted a head pop out from infront of the tree I was fishing on (it was overhanging the water) I immediately recognised it as a grassie and proceeded to watch her as she mooched about in the edge oblivious to me sitting there like a rock. Anyway she plodded up onto the log and then noticed me and froze, at this point she was about 4" from my arse so I thought what the heck I've got my camera why not. Here's some of the best shots I've ever got of a grassie, and on a 6mp digital camera haha.
O and there's a couple of my nipple too for those who like fishing.
Ill have to upload the picks one at a time to keep checking back to see more :)
Josh

That's the lot lol and yea I got coverd in musk haha along with urates too. But it was worth it. Just wish I'd have got a video of her slithering off into the reedbeds.

See less See more
#6 ·
Lovely Pics There Mate, stunning Snake Too :)

#7 ·
Wow! really good shots : victory:
There's a load of grass snakes on one of my club lakes (loads of frogs there, hence the snakes I guess) but I've never seen one that close!

Nice Perch too :2thumb:

#12 ·
Yea that perch kinda topped the day off :) caught it on a size 18 barbless hook too haha, just wish I had the time to do my carping, these days, got a good few grands worth of gear that's just not gettin used lol.

#17 ·
That I did :p wouldn't have been able to get them picks if I hadn't neway. What I love is people are scared of em, a woman came over to see what I was photographing and ran away prettymuch screaming! Pick up a wild rat what's it going to do? A wild rabbit? A stoat? A badger? a fox? There all going to have a good go at hurting you in an attempt to escape, grassies are so placid for a wild animal. Wish people where captive breeding helvetica I'm dieing for a pair :p

#19 ·
Nice snake your very lucky to see them don't get them up here in the northwest.

Nice perch I cought a 3.5 lb one 2 years ago on a lake in chester was not the biggest fish I've ever got but it was defo the best not often ya get a specimen perch. I love carping but nothing better than getting on a river or canal with a loaf of bread and some worms I love the different species, I'm quite lucky the Leeds to liverpool canal is full of tench and bream some big fish to.

Brian

Reactions: adw
#20 · (Edited)
You'll have to excuse some of the hairstyles and facial expressions in these picks as there taken around 4 in the morn or after a few sweaty days in a bivvy lol

More ta come

Can I hear a "where's the hair"

There's the hair

Reactions: manda88 and Brian J
#31 ·
You'll have to excuse some of the hairstyles and facial expressions in these picks as there taken around 4 in the morn or after a few sweaty days in a bivvy lol

More ta come

Can I hear a "where's the hair"
There's the hair

That common in the 4th pic down is stunning!

#21 · (Edited)
Let's play guess the weight lol the first common is a beauty.

18lb
22lb
16lb
16lb

#24 ·
Haha just see what there saved as ta see if ur right lol

#22 ·
Haha,

lovely grassie and some nice fish.

Big perch are one of the nicest fish imo - pity the little uns are such a pain !

#27 ·
23lb and oz's not the biggest I've ever had. But still a nice fish.

#28 ·
Looks it, dunno if its just me lookin at it off a tiny phone screen but it looks atleast in its 30's lol

#29 ·
Wish it was....but no ! biggest I've had 2oz under 40 lb and that was huge compared to that profile pic

#30 ·
My ukpb is only 26lbs (the last common in that set of picks) taken off the top and fought for ages lol

My french pb's 58lbs 12oz from nash lakes but I don't count french fish lol ugly things n all I've only caught one fish out in france I would call pretty and that was a ghostie lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.