Questions you should not ask in a reptile shop!! - Page 4 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 11-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Posting Deity

Only ever been in one reptile shop and can't think of a bad thing to say about them, at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 AM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern79 View Post
theres no issue with people buying things elsewhere, the caveat on this is that the person doesnt waste loads of your time asking the ins and outs of a cats arse, bleed you dry of info, make hollow promises of a purchase then sod off else where and get it cheaper.
If a person does their own research, compares the market and doesnt make promises that they cant/wont commit to then there really is no problem and anyone who gets upset by this should take a look at themselves.

yeah ive gota agree with ya, if your asking info and questions all the time and getting them out to hold and what have you, its only fair to go their. i bought my first snake from a petshop and im glad i did, got all the advice i needed
bbav likes this.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Gold Star Member
Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrek101 View Post
how am i a time waster?

is that not what they are for?he had certain snakes that i have been looking for most of this year but refuse to go back there after telling me i had to sell him my snakes as they would die as all snakes from shows do.
i apologise if i misread it but your thread seems to tell me you spent 6 months looking at a guys stock with the suggestion of having cash at a certain time (november) this suggests that you had taken up some of his time, no doubt discussing the animals for sale and maybe getting them out for you to see. then you say in november you went to a show and spent your money there, so im assuming (again sorry if im reading it wrongly) that you didnt buy from him as you had spent your money there on cheaper snakes.
So, if i havent misread it, youve taken up someones time with the insinuation that you are going to spend money with them only to turn around and do the oppisite.
bbav and The_Real_Moreliaman like this.
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly75 View Post
LOl I've been there too, funny how the level of service changes, I always think a sales a sale
if this is the place im thinking of, they even turned a mate of mine away who travelled with some other friends, he was stuck in traffic and running late, he phones ahead and asked if they would stay on and that they had about 5 grand to spend between them, they were told that that kind of money was chicken feed and that he was going home lol!!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
i apologise if i misread it but your thread seems to tell me you spent 6 months looking at a guys stock with the suggestion of having cash at a certain time (november) this suggests that you had taken up some of his time, no doubt discussing the animals for sale and maybe getting them out for you to see. then you say in november you went to a show and spent your money there, so im assuming (again sorry if im reading it wrongly) that you didnt buy from him as you had spent your money there on cheaper snakes.
So, if i havent misread it, youve taken up someones time with the insinuation that you are going to spend money with them only to turn around and do the oppisite.
So useing your logic (rightly or wrongly is irrelevant) its ok for the shop to tell him all show snakes will die and demand they be sold to him for a fraction of the price?
Sorry, but in a sales environment customers getting a better deal elsewhere and wasting time is common place, why he seems to think he should be immune is beyond me!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
if this is the place im thinking of, they even turned a mate of mine away who travelled with some other friends, he was stuck in traffic and running late, he phones ahead and asked if they would stay on and that they had about 5 grand to spend between them, they were told that that kind of money was chicken feed and that he was going home lol!!

Thats not good at all
Old 11-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam b View Post
So useing your logic (rightly or wrongly is irrelevant) its ok for the shop to tell him all show snakes will die and demand they be sold to him for a fraction of the price?
Sorry, but in a sales environment customers getting a better deal elsewhere and wasting time is common place, why he seems to think he should be immune is beyond me!
no, not at all, this is complete nonsense. its apples and oranges, if you want to talk retailer ethics then lets, but im talking customer ethics and that there quite often seems to be a total lack of them
Old 11-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PESKY View Post
yeah ive gota agree with ya, if your asking info and questions all the time and getting them out to hold and what have you, its only fair to go their. i bought my first snake from a petshop and im glad i did, got all the advice i needed
and this is the marque of a good retailer, sales and great after care service.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
no, not at all, this is complete nonsense. its apples and oranges, if you want to talk retailer ethics then lets, but im talking customer ethics and that there quite often seems to be a total lack of them
And its never been any different, customer ethics, thats a good one, thanks for the laugh!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Premier Citizen
Send a message via MSN to MadMike

My best one has to be

Me "That Kingsnake is a bit fat, are you over feeding it?"

Them "What do you mean? There's 2 in there"

Oh dear...

1.1.0. Royal Pythons - Max & Lesley
2.0.0. Corn Snakes - Zippy, Kasper
1.0.0. Coastal Carpet Python - Azuri
0.1.0. Boa Constrictor Imperator - Kat
1.0.0. Bearded Dragon - Hanzo
1.0.0. Leopard Gecko - Gex
0.1.0. Tabby cat - Tess
1.0.0. Border Collie - Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fool View Post
What happens if you ask her for a cup of coffee? Does she think she is a caravan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujician View Post
Its not a reptile annoyance, but my annoyance: Hoover is a company that makes VACUUM CLEANERS, you can VACUUM the floor, but hoovering the floor involes taking a huge factory from somewhere in america (I think) and wiping (possibly) on your floor. Or maybe you like ironing your floors, I dont know
^^^^^^^Shortened a bit^^^^^^^

Tags
shops