Reptile Forums banner

New corn

1K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  PURPLEGOTH666 
#1 ·
Hi all

Got me self a unexpected corn, come up for sale by someone On gumtree with a ghost and my brother was buying the ghost and I could not leave this one. Im pretty sure it's a Miami phase just seems to have heavier black than other Miamis I've seen?? Anyhow its 6' ish huge and really healthy 2008 male I payed £30 fair price I'd say. And I'm well happy :2thumb:

Brian

See less See more
#9 ·
i know what you mean... but i still love my corn! :D

and hes looks cute:) what a find.

#4 ·
Ya usually when ya get one from a petshop there ether hatchlings or small sized adults to get a huge male like this for £30 is a bargain me thinks even if it is just a Miami normal. To be honest around here ya don't see many Miamis anyhow there usually just normals or amels. The ghost my brother got for £50 is as big as the Miami both this blokes corns where huge. My amel corn is just as big as it to 5'-6'

If my amel is female and I mate it with my Miami what would I get anyone know amels and Miamis ????? If I mate the Miami to my brothers normal female what will we get ????

Thanks
Brian

#6 ·
i know nothin of genetics....but i think you got a right bargain there, hes lovely : victory:

#10 ·
Hi Louise

He's to light to be a normal his base colour is yellow/pink with orange saddles amd looks washed out if you know what I meen??
From the normals I've seen there more brown/orange base with red- orange saddles. The pic was took in the dark with just a small touch using my iPhone
So it does look darker, I will get another picture with more light today if I can

Thanks everyone I'm well happy with him

Brian

#12 ·
Thanks damian,

Off topic: I messaged you on yahoo last week got my account back message me later when the blues lose :bash::lol2:

Brian

#18 ·
Great Bargain ! :)

Looks for of a Carolina to me but it coud just be my screen :lol2:

Nice find :)
Thanks guys

I will try get a better pic today and we can debate Carolina or Miami all I know is it's nothing like my brothers Carolina or any other Carolina that I've seen.

Brian

#19 ·
Ok here goes let the debate begin Carolina or Miami or something else it was a bargain regardless but would've nice to hear what others think ?????

Thanks
Brian

#20 ·
Anyone?????

#26 ·
Well if it's a Carolina I'm in shock at the difference to my brothers Carolina and I must say I prefer mine lol I still can't see how it can be the same as all the other carolinas I've seen he is so so light lol

Brian

#30 ·
I sometimes wonder from the labelling of other "locale type" corns why any "normal" that doesn't fit any of the other locales is dumped under the "Carolina" term? Does "Carolina" have a standard like other selectively locale "types" or is it only used as I have seen it used, as a catch-all term that sounds fancier than "normal"?

I would say that to be a Miami you need very grey toned background (some people accept a cool tan under the label, but not pink or peach) and crimson red saddles. I see a mix of factors from different locales here. You have the lovely thick black outlines like the lower end Okeetees for example, but not the overall colouration of one.

I wouldn't call him a Carolina personally because of what I said earlier in the post, other locales have colouration/marking standards. Everything not selectively bred for gets lumped under Carolina when perhaps normal is a better term. I know it's "tomaytoes and tomartoes" but normal I say, unless you want to claim Carolina back as a locale type and write a standard!

ps. He is a very striking looking snake and a bargain price for such a whopper. I love him!

#32 ·
Thanks kathy he is a whopper for sure and a handsome chap as good as any moph IMO I have no problem him being a normal, locality means nothing to me to be honest the only reason I asked was because I called him a Miami and others said it wasn't so time for a debate lol

Brian

#34 ·
I would say he's a normal as Kathy and others already pointed out there are huge variances in normals and they all seem to get dumped under the caroliner label,alot of normals also seem to show variety depending on their hets.
Never the less he is a stunner and you got a bargain so win win really :2thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.