Reptile Forums banner

Little advice needed

Tags
heating snake
195 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Hissy Missy 
#1 ·
Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm looking to increase my snake collection and the only way I've thought about doing it due to a lack of room in the house is buying a good sized garden shed and insulating it. Then using a heater to keep the ambient temp in the shed good. Anyone see any problems doing this? Or does anyone keep their collection in a shed that can give me some tips.

I'll be getting the shed wired up so it has electricity but there aren't going to be anywhere near enough plugs to run a thermostat for every RUB. Anyone suggest the best way to heat a rack and still maintain a good thermal gradient? Breeders obviously do this on a mass scale in houses that don't have 300 plug sockets.

Sorry a lot of questions I know but if anyone could give me some advice I'd really appreciate it.

Darryl

#2 ·
Theres a lady on here called Corny Girl who is converting her shed. However its not a cheap process. The insulation alone has come to around £400.

As for heating a rack, you can do it two ways. Buy heat strips (long thin strips of heat mat that the RUBs can slide onto. Or you can use heat cable. : victory:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.