MBK Breeders? - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 02-09-2011, 02:54 PM
5 Star Member

im pretty sure mbk's are supposed to have some speckling to there underneath in the wild
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
im pretty sure mbk's are supposed to have some speckling to there underneath in the wild
Possibly but in the wild you don't have the bonus of the breeding pair being picked by the breeder...not sure if it has any bearing on the outcome but I would hazard a guess that if you bred 2 pure blacks with no speckles you're more like to get the same in the hatchlings, although if I am wrong I apologise, I don't pretend to be a breeder but it just kind of makes sense
Check out the link here...
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...ds-morphs.html
Old 04-09-2011, 06:16 PM
5 Star Member
Send a message via MSN to andy007

Hi
I know of someone that has a yearling MBK that they are looking to sell. Unsure of sex, but I could arrange to sex it for them.
It's a bit of a live wire, and TBH they are nervous of it. It does get defensive and will strike out.
They are only looking for £40 for it. They are in the Truro area of Cornwall.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy007 View Post
Hi
I know of someone that has a yearling MBK that they are looking to sell. Unsure of sex, but I could arrange to sex it for them.
It's a bit of a live wire, and TBH they are nervous of it. It does get defensive and will strike out.
They are only looking for £40 for it. They are in the Truro area of Cornwall.
Thank you for the offer but being new to the rep world I doubt I'd be confident enough with it...and if it does strike out it'll just put my OH off and the only outcome of that will be no snakes for me lol...but I know a couple of other people looking for a young MBK so will pass the details on and see if they're interested?

Thanks again
Old 04-09-2011, 06:45 PM
5 Star Member
Send a message via MSN to andy007

No probs Mikey told me about the thread and that there were a few people looking for MBK's
Old 04-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
No probs Mikey told me about the thread and that there were a few people looking for MBK's
Sounds exactly like my MBK. I got him from someone who was nervous of him.

Where abouts is this one?
Old 04-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by **louise** View Post
Yeah they are amazing looking snakes. Especially if you get one that's completely black as some can have speckles. I'm still very happy to own him even thought he can be a bit grumpy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post

almost all hatchling and juvi mexican black kingsnakes have white speckles on their underbellies. they dissapear as they mature.

many mbk will have a very small amount of white under their mouth which can stay or go depending on the individual, most the time they stay though.

i got my mbk from global geckos which is on route to guildford. my friend owns and runs the shop, will. hes a great guy and has some outstanding creatures to adore. he also can arrange a courier.

he usually gets in pairs so if your not fussy just ask which one is the most placid out of the pair.

my mbk is female and very very docile. got a bit defensive when moved from a rub to a viv but settled down after a couple of days. she is a truly stunning snake with a beautiful temprement. i would recommend mbks to anyone and may breed her in the future.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Ultra Citizen
Unhappy

Quote:
Well glad the word is getting out that people are looking anyway...maybe eventually it'll reach someone with some hatchlings to sell lol...thanks again for trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysnakes View Post
almost all hatchling and juvi mexican black kingsnakes have white speckles on their underbellies. they dissapear as they mature.

many mbk will have a very small amount of white under their mouth which can stay or go depending on the individual, most the time they stay though.

i got my mbk from global geckos which is on route to guildford. my friend owns and runs the shop, will. hes a great guy and has some outstanding creatures to adore. he also can arrange a courier.

he usually gets in pairs so if your not fussy just ask which one is the most placid out of the pair.

my mbk is female and very very docile. got a bit defensive when moved from a rub to a viv but settled down after a couple of days. she is a truly stunning snake with a beautiful temprement. i would recommend mbks to anyone and may breed her in the future.
Do you know how easily he is able to get hold of some? As alas I have just looked on the website and there are none on the livestock list which is the story of my life at the moment...dead end after dead end...
Old 04-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Ultra Citizen

just give him a call and ask if he can get one in for you. whoever they came from, was a lovely pair he had in, wish id got the male too!
if you find any local and at a good price, let me know and i may just have to breed my female
Old 04-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysnakes View Post
just give him a call and ask if he can get one in for you. whoever they came from, was a lovely pair he had in, wish id got the male too!
if you find any local and at a good price, let me know and i may just have to breed my female
I'll give him a ring tomorrow...and I'll let you know if anyone mentions a male MBK ready for breeding

Tags
kingsnake , mbk hatchlings , mexican black king; mbk