Reptile Forums banner

Tragedy

2K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  chris s 
#1 ·
My beloved Morphia is swollen with infection still and, after having an absess removed and many courses of antibiotics, the vet feels that if she doesn't eat in the next day then there is no point as she won't have the strength to fight any more and that I should just have her put down.

I am beside myself with grief :cry: she doesn't want anything to eat and isn't even bothering to slither into her hide anymore. I love my baby so much and theres nothing I can do for her but kill her :cry:

#3 ·
Im sorry to hear that

Can the vet not tube feed her instead of waiting for her to eat herself?

If she is weak she wont want to eat but tube feeding would give her something to start building on.

Just a thought

#29 ·
Sadly they never found out while she was alive despite a myriad tests and all. I will get the results from the postmortem back soon... I delayed as I didn't want her to be cut up at first. The thought of her in a freezer is upsetting enough.

Ps. If you ever refer to my little baby schnakey as a hobby again... :whip:hobbies are not members of ones family. If i gave up tennis I would not be in mourning. I didn't mean that to sound bitchy - I'm just not in the mood for happy smileys... 'tis how I feel, anyways.

#16 ·
Thankyou for all the wises and things but its over now.

she died overnight

im so sorry to hear that- its awful when you lose something you love!!! :sad:

look at it a different way- the decision was made for you, atleast you didnt have to do the decision making as it would have hurt you even more!

big hugs :grouphug:

#21 ·
Sorry to hear of the loss of your snake Morphia. You tried your best and that is all we can do.
:snake: :cry:

Take care.

#30 ·
really sorry to hear of your loss, i lost my fav yesterday. me and sara are gutted but he had a good life while he was here and we gave him the best chance like you did with yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.