Reptile Forums banner

burmese python or reticulated python ? which to choose

8K views 54 replies 18 participants last post by  snewchybewchy 
#1 ·
hi ive been thinking very hard to choose between a burmese python or a reticulated python for the spring/summer of 2012 i love both kinds but dont know which to choose. i currently own an african rock python and would like to get another big python i have the the space and money. to be honest which ever i choose i will getting the other in spring/summer of 2013 anyway but very hard choice. any advice would be fantastic.cheers

#4 ·
I was trying to make a similar decision a few months back, I decided on a medium size retic. I am planning on a bali yellow head ^_^

What size adult can you accomedate?

#21 ·
For me Burms all the way .
In my experience calm nature easy to handle generally like to be involved in stuff outside of their viv..
Just beautiful snakes all round.....

BurmJunkies.com
Have a look on here this is an american forum in the main, but some lovely pics and great advice:)

Either way it's your own choice just for me Burms win:)

#22 ·
For me Burms all the way .
In my experience calm nature easy to handle generally like to be involved in stuff outside of their viv..
Just beautiful snakes all round.....

BurmJunkies.com
Have a look on here this is an american forum in the main, but some lovely pics and great advice:)

Either way it's your own choice just for me Burms win:)

i will probably get a burm next year if choose retic. but still undecided.

i like pythons that keep me on my toes and a retic would do that. my afrock sometimes does that too

#24 ·
I'd personally go the retic locality route. Tigers are nice but nothing beats a true wildtype. South sulawesis sumatrans javans are the best looking *out the biggens nothing comes close in my book. Seems these days all people want are morphs and pure locals are just not wanted anymore there getting harder to find. Look into them mate you might find something you like go into google the. Type in Fila retic then search the site and look at local retice there's also some morphs as well*

#55 ·
only do that with my afrock artemis as part of an experiment. which works not as unbelievable as people would think. each vibration has a different level of vibration a soft one and a hard one. its actually just a scale i play for her. need to make a video and demonstate it at somepoint

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.