Reptile Forums banner

What are your expectations of a frozen food supplier?

1K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  Jastheace141 
#1 ·
Corresponding with you to check you'll be in to receive the order?
Reasonable prices?
Quality product?

Just a bit peeved with one today and wondered if my expectations are too high after being given really good service from a different seller...

#2 ·
i collect all mine in person ,
but if i was to order in then i would expect -
correct sizes
correct rodent
fully frozen on arrival
clean looking & (bad) odour free
oh & seperated in package not just a big frozen lump you have to hack at / completely thaw out everything to seperate

#3 ·
Same as above. Delivering on said day so you can be in, correct size, clean, odour freen previously healthy looking animals, FROZEN on delivery and not a warm wet mess......I don't ask for much and have only ordered online once for frozen food and was very disappointed with the service. Had to bin first lot as was a day later then they said it would be and came warm + wet, they sent out a 2nd order to replace the 1st.....was defrosted almost so got binned again. Has really put me off ordering online :(

#4 ·
I've only ordered online twice... One good and one not so good... Think I'll stick to what I know in future... My current order hasn't even arrived yet.

Thursday: placed order
Tuesday 8PM: email saying thanks will be delivered tomorrow (this was my main annoyance as my daughter had to be at the doctor this morning so I had to faff about at the last minute sorting someone to be home should the order arrive.)

It's now half 5 and it's still not here....

#6 ·
Who do you use if you don't mind me asking? Might try again with online ordering :)

#9 ·
Rs reptile supplies 100% record with me

#29 ·
Same with me, spent a good few hundred quid with RS and always delivered ontime and still very frozen! Nicely packaged and if there ever is a problem( mice instead of rats), it was sorted out by courier at the next convenient time for me with a discount for my next order!

Honestly superb service

#12 ·
Good sizes, Items to arrive well packaged and when they are meant to, and when things go wrong for the supplier to actually try and help. And clear indication of what they do and do not have in stock, few times recently I have put an order in and then got a email to say things weren't in stock.

#22 ·
That's crazy prices for 12 pinkies!!! Even my local pet shop is cheaper thn that and they are pricey enough :lol2:

I did an order with TSM and was very happy with it but I now order with a friend who gets hers elsewhere and I collect off her and never had any problems with the quality etc Works great for me as she orders enough to get free delivery so I don't have to pay anything either :D

#23 ·
That's crazy prices for 12 pinkies!!! Even my local pet shop is cheaper thn that and they are pricey enough :lol2:

I did an order with TSM and was very happy with it but I now order with a friend who gets hers elsewhere and I collect off her and never had any problems with the quality etc Works great for me as she orders enough to get free delivery so I don't have to pay anything either :D
Even the nearest reptile shop is a fair trek, so I buy from where's nearest and most convenient. Lucky you being able to get yours that way.

how do you know pets at home's delivery wasnt thawed and re-frozen.......................
I think you would be able to tell by how they smell, the mice are all individually wrapped, they are nice and pink, not dirty and they do not smell, never had one problem buying mice for my snakes from them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.