It's all about the money!! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 01-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Premier Citizen
Default It's all about the money!!

Don't you find it amazing that there are thousands of people breeding snakes and not ones in it for the money? Everywhere you read 99% of people who breed snakes will say its not about making money.

Now I fully understand its nice to breed your own reps, but let's face it, we're all warm blooded humans and each and every one of us likes money!

That's not saying people do it JUST for money, unless it's a business, but the more money you make the better surely?
1b3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Ultra Citizen

Well I had a breeding plan for 2 of my corn's simply for a couple of morphs i wanted any extra sold is a bonus
Old 01-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnell182 View Post
Don't you find it amazing that there are thousands of people breeding snakes and not ones in it for the money? Everywhere you read 99% of people who breed snakes will say its not about making money.

Now I fully understand its nice to breed your own reps, but let's face it, we're all warm blooded humans and each and every one of us likes money!

That's not saying people do it JUST for money, unless it's a business, but the more money you make the better surely?
I agree to an extent with u as im sure alot of people do just want the money but im sure theres a few out where who want to creat new morphs.
This year i plan to get a female morph to breed to my male and i plan on keeping 2.2 for furture projects but the rest i will sell and the plan is to sell them for enough money that will help towards to running costs of keeping my snakes for the year

1.0.0 Pastel Royal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Posting Deity

Quote:

Unless you put a lot of money into buying top morphs you will never make money out of breeding. The money I get from selling babies helps in a very small way towards the keep of them and their parents. Try it yourself and then tell me I'm only in it for the money.
5 Star Member
Reviews: 26
Send a message via Skype™ to randomcookiemonsta

i can see what you're saying, but for me, it really isnt about money.

the only time i'd ask face value for an animal would be when i either needed the money for another snake, or i didnt know the person that the animal was going to, so i could be sure that they knew the animal they were getting themselves in for.

http://ask.fm/oisincooke
Old 01-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog282 View Post
I agree to an extent with u as im sure alot of people do just want the money but im sure theres a few out where who want to creat new morphs.
This year i plan to get a female morph to breed to my male and i plan on keeping 2.2 for furture projects but the rest i will sell and the plan is to sell them for enough money that will help towards to running costs of keeping my snakes for the year
I doubt many are just in it for the money tbh

For instance, you want to keep back 2.2 so really that's all you need, but if you was to get 4.4 for arguments sake, that's a he'll of a lot better money wise! You may only need 2.3 to be able to sell one and make a bit of cash, every extra egg is extra cash
Old 01-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
I doubt many are just in it for the money tbh

For instance, you want to keep back 2.2 so really that's all you need, but if you was to get 4.4 for arguments sake, that's a he'll of a lot better money wise! You may only need 2.3 to be able to sell one and make a bit of cash, every extra egg is extra cash
Only if you can find someone that wants to buy each 'extra' snake and is a home you are happy to sell to...
Old 01-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
Unless you put a lot of money into buying top morphs you will never make money out of breeding. The money I get from selling babies helps in a very small way towards the keep of them and their parents. Try it yourself and then tell me I'm only in it for the money.
You are mistaking what I'm saying Pauline.

An I not correct in saying, however much you breed to create morphs, the joy of the hobby etc, the more money you can get to help keep the ball rolling the better?
Old 01-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizedoesn'tmatter View Post
Only if you can find someone that wants to buy each 'extra' snake and is a home you are happy to sell to...
Indeed this is true!
sizedoesn'tmatter likes this.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Premier Member

100% with pauline on this money makes money or being the frist with certian morph combo but the chance of being frist is low,my hatchling pay for up keep and new snakes!!
nuggett5 likes this.