Reptile Forums banner

CF imports??

1K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  ZanderP 
#1 ·
i am thinking of getting a couple of bags of CF royal imports this year for myself,
anyone know how i would go about doing this??
thanks alot
FBF

#2 ·
Ideally find a local shop that gets them in and see if you can arrange buying some in advance if they're willing, or try the bug wholesalers like peregrine live foods or monkfield nutrition. Just be aware if you buy in bulk you'll most likely be buying on a no returns basis so if they don't feed or unfortunately they die then you void your right to go back to the seller so make sure you have access to all you need and are ready to get newly hatches royals feeding.

#13 ·
Im not against CF imports mate. However if you are buying to find something new and exciting chances are they wont be in your bag of snakes they will have been snapped up by all the people it goes through before yourself, its the way it is unfortunatly mate.

#14 ·
hmmm, i understand that, but i will see something in every one of them and keep them all hahahaha, anyone know how i would get in touch with someone who can get me more interesting CF stuff, even if the price is higher its probably more worth my time and money
They're Royal's, how much fun are you expecting :lol2:
hahaha, i love royals, the sluggyer the better :p

#15 ·
To get the exciting rare stuff I imagine you'd have to know people and have the contacts and pretty big bucks. Whenyou hear how much big us breeders buy single different snakes for it's scary, like the first spider an pin etc

Then it might not even be anything that can be passed down

Especially with the popularity of royals ATM I imagine it'd be very hard to find a way in so to speak

#16 ·
To get the exciting rare stuff I imagine you'd have to know people and have the contacts and pretty big bucks. Whenyou hear how much big us breeders buy single different snakes for it's scary, like the first spider an pin etc

Then it might not even be anything that can be passed down

Especially with the popularity of royals ATM I imagine it'd be very hard to find a way in so to speak
i know, i dont mean stuff like that, i just mean something more granity or wacky

#18 ·
I'm def not against it or saying don't I just reckon itl be a nightmare trying to find out how to do it. I imagine it'd be pretty exciting, dunno why but I picture an African guy turning up with a bag of snakes and just tipping it out in my lounge lol...

Good luck if you do manage it tho and if you find anything put me down for a baby!

#19 ·
It's really hit and miss in 2007 I came across the boy I've posted in a thread further down the forum he was pure luck. I also have a few different looking normals but he's the only one I'd say has a chance of being anything.

You get a good variation in CF shipments but they go through a lot of hands before reaching the likes of you and I so in my case it was pure luck but it can and does happen.

I've looked through shipments every year since 2007 but never seen anything worth playing with since.

#22 ·
My opinion is pretty much what has already been said by others. Do not get your hopes up for a unique find, these babies pass through MANY hands before they reach our shores, big breeders are in touch with guys out there at the point of collection.

BUT as you say if you're just after something a bit wacky then something might pop up that interests you that hasn't appealed to others!

Let us know if you find anything. : victory:

#24 ·
Personally and this is just my opinion - the potential risk of cross contaminating your cb stock with mites and parasites far out-weigh the potential benefit of finding a "new" gene in a batch of CF animals.

The importers and exporters have been doing this far too long to let potential new morphs slip through their hands and the chances of a retail customer (or someone not in the trade) actually picking up something different now days is slim to zero.

#25 ·
Personally and this is just my opinion - the potential risk of cross contaminating your cb stock with mites and parasites far out-weigh the potential benefit of finding a "new" gene in a batch of CF animals.

The importers and exporters have been doing this far too long to let potential new morphs slip through their hands and the chances of a retail customer (or someone not in the trade) actually picking up something different now days is slim to zero.
Anyone half decent would treat all Imports for mites and parasites before selling on, i know my rep shop did,was nealy 2 months before he was happy to let them go. No signs of any illness and feeding on DF.

#26 ·
A pet shop mayb would but not the importer. Its a profit based exercise treating mites ok but parasites? It talking about a 20quid snake they will not be treated. Buyer beware!

#28 ·
Thats what you get if you buy started ones. If you buy freshies then it's all down to you to sort them out. I used to keep mine in a totally separate room but I didn't have the collection I have now back then. So long as a buyer understands what they're buying there's no issue and when you buy in bulk for £10-25 a snake you can't expect them to have been fed or treated for parasites.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.