Reptile Forums banner

In or OUT

• Feeding in the rub with substrate

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • Feeding out the rub with substrate

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • newspaper end-of (even though they can't read)

Votes: 24 40.0%

RUB keepers in here please?

1K views 30 replies 26 participants last post by  Brett 
#1 · (Edited)
Thinking of using aspen or beach chips for my royals?

Do you feed in the RUB or out of the RUB?

#8 ·
can't vote, the options don't cover it

my snakes are all on substrate
I feed in the RUB/VIV
but before I feed I put a sheet of kitchen roll down
feed over the kitchen paper and they get to stay home while they eat

... the tricky part is getting the paper out later

#15 ·
my snakes are all on substrate
I feed in the RUB/VIV
but before I feed I put a sheet of kitchen roll down
feed over the kitchen paper and they get to stay home while they eat

... the tricky part is getting the paper out later
I know what you mean, this royal i have is a right pig? she just wants food all the time, she would eat every 3 days if i let her

#12 ·
I'm an inny.

I've had mine on newspaper for a couple of year, but recently went back to aspen (well, aubiose anyway).

I'm still an inny.

#23 ·
I'm an inny.

I've had mine on newspaper for a couple of year, but recently went back to aspen (well, aubiose anyway).

I'm still an inny.
I use RUBS and aubiose too. I usually put the food onto newspaper on top of the aubiose for feeding. Works for some, others just pull the food under the paper so I generally let them please themselves.

#13 ·
I did feed out, but when you have more than three or four, it takes on heck of a long time to do....

All mine are on newspaper, I get mine free from work, it's easy to roll up when soiled and throw away, less mess, no chance of importing mites and other infestations...

#16 ·
I did feed out, but when you have more than three or four, it takes on heck of a long time to do....

All mine are on newspaper, I get mine free from work, it's easy to roll up when soiled and throw away, less mess, no chance of importing mites and other infestations...
That was my other thought, if it was clinical, i could see problems. but then my mind say's would you like to live on paper all your life, i want my snake to be comfortable

#27 ·
All mine are fed in their viv/rubs. I only remove snakes for feeding if theyre housed together.

Some are on newspaper, some have substrate.

#28 ·
Royals are all on beech chips, carpet python is on orchid bark. All are fed in their rubs/vivs but as said the prey needs to be dry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.