Reptile Forums banner

quarantine

497 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Brett 
#1 ·
Ive brought three new royal which come soon. i was planning on putting them on their own shelf on my rub rack (3wide) lidded i read about qurantine. is this enough or would you move them away completly seperate room even. and how long for if thats the case. Obviously i will check them over on arrival

#4 ·
Some people say 1-3 mth seperation but all depends where u get them from. I've kept some separate for a few weeks that were shop bought or from an unknown source but some where I know the snake and the environment it came from I don't :)

#5 ·
I always keep any new stock in a separate room for three months before it goes anywhere near my collection

#7 ·
My snakes are kept in the lounge but any new ones are kept in my bedroom to begin with. Just to be on the safe side.

#9 ·
I didn't have the space to keep new snakes in seperate rooms, my snakes were just just kept away from each other for a few weeks at different ends of the room they're in, 3 came from good reputable reptile shops and 1 from a well known breeder & my snakes are in perfect health.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.