Reptile Forums banner

Boa Temps

Tags
temps
497 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  chapmand 
#1 ·
I cant find anything in my boa books for night time temps. I was thinking of keeping one area around 78F at night, 85F diring the day. Is that ok?

#3 ·
Ambient (cool end) temps of 26 C approx

Hot end (basking) temps of 31 C approx

Night time temps should drop 2-4 C below these.

It's trial and error with boas, some prefer it cooler and some hotter. If your boa is mostly at the cool end lower the temps, mostly at the hot end raise them. Some of my boas have a hot spot of only 28 and others as high as 33.

I also keep my boas cooler in winter and hotter in summer (by a few degrees either way)

#5 ·
^ interesting ... my three boas are in three identical set-ups and one of them stays at the cool end, one is everywhere and one is at the warm end ... time to adjust temps a degree or two and see what happens. thanks

#6 ·
Definately one for experimenting with temps ...obviously within reason, got to be sensible remembering these animals do need heat for good reason ...every boa is unique ...the text books are only guidelines ... I had similar experience with dropping temps a few degrees and seeing differences in where my boas like to chill

#7 ·
I personally have never bothered with nightime drops for any of my snakes : victory:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.