Reptile Forums banner

Dwarf hatchlings??

596 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  sp1d8r 
#1 ·
Hey all just curious to whether there is a way of telling that a hatchling is a dwarf, if the parents are normal x dwarf?

For example when selling, if there is no way of telling until they grow, would you just have to state 'possible dwarf'?

:hmm:

#2 ·
It depends what species you're interested in. Some dwaves are morphologically different so scalation can be examined, others can have different colour/patternation to their normal sized counterparts. Either way you'll need plenty of example photos of both Normal, Dwafr and intergrade if available to compare them against.

#3 ·
OK thanks. Its just I'm hopefully getting a dwarf albino at some stage, and would like to breed her to my hypo jungle male. I was told that 50% should be dwarves. Also out of curiousity what morphs produce sunglows? A sunglow is an albino salmon boa (I think), so would a salmon that is het albino crossed with an albino produce sunglows??

#4 ·
:whistling2::whistling2:

#6 ·
Ah rite get you now. Well I have a hypo jungle male that came from a pairing of a hypo jungle male and an albino female. So the seller told me theres a possibility that he is het albino. So a bit down the line I want to hopefully breed him to a dwarf albino, so I suppose I wont really know until the litter comes out.

#7 ·
Ah rite get you now. Well I have a hypo jungle male that came from a pairing of a hypo jungle male and an albino female. So the seller told me theres a possibility that he is het albino. So a bit down the line I want to hopefully breed him to a dwarf albino, so I suppose I wont really know until the litter comes out.

if the female was a visual albino your snake would be 100% het for albino. if the female was just a het albino yours will be a possible het for albino. if you are wanting to breed you will need to find out which strain of albino your working with as there is kahl and sharp, these are not compatable

#10 ·
Some Island forms of species are true dwarfs. However, breeding an Island true dwarf to a normal large mainland animal will produce large, medium and some smaller than usual snakes.. and alot of mutts. Correct me If I am wrong.

#11 ·
Well I contacted the seller, he said the mother of my hypo jungle male was 100% het kahl albino. So there is a possibility he is 50% het albino, is that right?? If so what offspring then from him crossed with a dwarf kahl albino.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.