Grass snake help quick please! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 30-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Hatchling
Default Grass snake help quick please!

I live in cheshire and I have been trying to find - record for my local amphibian and reptile group and we would be interested if you can tell me anywhere where any snakes are present or lizards send it to me in a private message Thanks! If you know anywhere where snakes may have been seen by you tell me the adress as quick as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-03-2012, 02:03 PM
5 Star Member

I dont think you will get a good response to your question mate, but i'll give you some advice, just search hard and be prepared to go days without finding anything there will be wild reps in chesire but knowone will give you adresses thats upto you to find them and if your part of a rep and amphid group you should know were to look e'g early morning, under rocks/wood, near fresh water, base of tree stumps etc. Good luck searching
PESKY and SnakeGeezer like this.
Old 30-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Posting Deity
Reviews: 2

and you need this quickly because...........?

Doesn't strike me as particularly urgent.
azza23 and kris1988 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Ultra Citizen

Think about their habitat, then look for it, no one is going to want to give up their locations, as no one knows your motives. Don't take it the wrong way, but its the Internet, and some people on here get mad ideas about local reptiles.

And why is it urgent lol?
Old 30-03-2012, 02:08 PM
5 Star Member

yeah, why is it urgent?????
Old 30-03-2012, 02:35 PM
5 Star Member

someone hung up several adders on barbed wire fences at one of my favourite spots. this is beacuase idiots find out they are there

not calling you an idiot but your post seems a little immature. you need to find them now!??

I'm in the ARG in yorkshire, and if they run anything like mine you will find out about loads of surveying opportunities, habitat managment days, photographing and learning experiences. if your passionate about british herps these are the sort of things you should be doing. anyone can preach they like british herps but do you do anything for them? catching them in the wild certainly isn't.

as others have said though, grass snakes are fairly widespread. look for suitable habitat rivers/streams/ponds/lakes with healthy amphibean numbers and that are out the way of regular human contact and you'll find some.

as others have said you have to expect to have a search and not find some first, wheres the fun in turning up to a designated few square meters and seeing a grass snake or two somebody has told you about?

plus its always nice to find a spot nobody else knows about! ive got a cracker at a mates farm, nobody else visits to look at and photgraph the grassies and its fantastic
Old 30-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PESKY View Post
someone hung up several adders on barbed wire fences at one of my favourite spots. this is beacuase idiots find out they are there
{SNIPPED}
thats horrible, and even more of a reason to keep crap hidden.

i am grateful there are not many snakes round me(unless you know where to look) as we got people sick like that :/
PESKY likes this.
Old 30-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Posting Deity
Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja View Post

i am grateful there are not many snakes round me(unless you know where to look) as we got people sick like that :/
I always hide my crap
RolandRatSnake likes this.
Old 30-03-2012, 02:41 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PESKY View Post

not calling you an idiot but your post seems a little immature. you need to find them now!??

I'm in the ARG in yorkshire, and if they run anything like mine you will find out about loads of surveying opportunities, habitat managment days, photographing and learning experiences. if your passionate about british herps these are the sort of things you should be doing. anyone can preach they like british herps but do you do anything for them? catching them in the wild certainly isn't.

as others have said though, grass snakes are fairly widespread. look for suitable habitat rivers/streams/ponds/lakes with healthy amphibean numbers and that are out the way of regular human contact and you'll find some.

as others have said you have to expect to have a search and not find some first, wheres the fun in turning up to a designated few square meters and seeing a grass snake or two somebody has told you about?

plus its always nice to find a spot nobody else knows about! ive got a cracker at a mates farm, nobody else visits to look at and photgraph the grassies and its fantastic
spot on mate,
Old 30-03-2012, 02:43 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja View Post

yeah its really upsetting, i think kids seem to see it as your hard if you can kill an adder. thing is if they were 18 foot kings then fair enough but the size of an adder it doesn't exactly look like your wrestling a bear does it? i wish i had seen who did it
Kuja likes this.

Tags
snake