Reptile Forums banner
3K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  SpiritSerpents 
#1 ·
I recently came into possession of this gorgeous 1 year old corn snake the people I got it from payed £90 for it and went a fair distance to collect it.

It looks a bit different to an anery and based on the previous details I cant help but think its something a bit more unique due to its looks a stripe and paler in colour with yellow on it.

(I am a first time snake owner)

if anyone can help me identify the snake I will be very pleased

link to pics http://photobucket.com/Anerycornghost

#4 ·
Wont be the last
I recently came into possession of this gorgeous 1 year old corn snake the people I got it from payed £90 for it and went a fair distance to collect it.

It looks a bit different to an anery and based on the previous details I cant help but think its something a bit more unique due to its looks a stripe and paler in colour with yellow on it.

#5 ·
Anerytheristic or Ghost Corn ?

(I have already posted this about ten mins ago but now have better pics as requested at the same link)

#25 ·
(I have already posted this about ten mins ago but now have better pics as requested at the same link)

As above,its really nice,well done worth 90. notes

#9 ·
Cheers guys :)

From looking on google images at babys they do look very like mine I'm still going to take it down to the great reptile shop down road from me for them to have a good look at in person as photos are never totally reliable however im pretty sure its now a ghost motley thanks guys :)

#18 ·
Ghost Motley or Anery?

Right after previous posts i'm now thinking ghost motley thanks to other users help.

Here are all the pictures including the new set asking for ones in natural light and close ups (its on reptile carpet just for the photo shoot it usually lives on wood chippings in its viv)

pictures: http://photobucket.com/Anerycornghost

Thanks for the help

Tom

#26 ·
Def Anery,
I was in a reptile shop today and they was selling. An Anery type a corn as a ghost.
For £120 notes, it's annoying when they do that as those not in the know get
Stitched right up.:gasp:

#27 ·
£120 is a tad steep for either isn't it? I got an Anery from a pet store and it only cost me £65...

#28 · (Edited)
Don't know what you guys are all looking at but that looks like a ghost motley to me.

It is 100% a motley (joined saddles and a plain, uncheckered belly) and definitely looks ghost to me.

Even taking into account the hypomelanistic effect of the motley gene, the light greys in this animal at the size it's at, certainly suggest it is homozygous hypo as well as homozygous anery and homozygous motley.

#31 ·
Let's play "spot the ghost". There's only one ghost in this picture.

Here is Liam at about 2 years old, and around 180 grams. Next to him is Tor, a ghost. Liam is on the left.

Here is his daughter, Lia (Keeper), who I kept back partly for her amazing personality, and partly because she was light, just like her father. She's a very small 2 year old, but is on hoppers now and growing like a weed.

And a close up to show that her black *is* black.

These critters are why I don't see a light animal and think "ghost" right away, and why I ask for up close pictures.

#33 ·
I've merged all three threads so apologies if the order seems a little weird now! One things for sure though, we didn't need three separate threads on the same subject!

Spiritserpents: Any chance of a proper close up pic of Tor as you've done for Liam so we can compare the difference between the 'black' of and anery and the 'brown/bronze' of a ghost? It would be an excellent reference for future similar threads!:2thumb:

#34 ·
Spiritserpents: Any chance of a proper close up pic of Tor as you've done for Lia so we can compare the difference between the 'black' of and anery and the 'brown/bronze' of a ghost? It would be an excellent reference for future similar threads!:2thumb:
Fixed that for ya. :p And here you go. The difference is pretty extreme, ne?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.