Reptile Forums banner

Aggressive Mexican Black

2K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  gough83 
#1 ·
I just bought my first Mexican Black King yesterday, ive never owned one before but have had a Corn. I put him straight into his viv yesterday and left him alone. This morning i opened his viv just to attach a new thermometer i bought when he launched himself at me and bit my finger. He then started to come out the viv so i put on some rubber gloves as ive heard they dont like the taste or texture. He started biting again but bit the glove and wouldnt let go, after a while he let go then found some skin on my arm and bit that too, then he found my gloved finger again and kept hold for maybe 15 mins. I managed to get him back in the viv after he let go but then he launched himself at me again but missed :lol2: Im not experienced with aggressive snakes and just wondering if he'll calm down eventually as obviously i want a snake i can handle without fear of being bitten to pieces everytime :p

#32 ·
well after this morning and him havin the glove and not letting go for almost 2 hours i decided he's not for me, maybe i should have stuck it out for a bit longer but i dont want a snake i can never handle and i have only got room for 1. so ive swapped him for a corn which i have kept before

#34 ·
yeah its a shame really as he was a nice looking snake. im just not experienced with aggressive ones and he was far too aggressive. Ive gone with a carolina corn and put him in the viv but he seems to be doing a weird thing with his mouth. kept opening and closing it quickly every now and then, i know they re-align their jaws sometimes like after a feed but hes also just been lay there with it partially open on one side. he looked fine to me in the shop before i got him so wondering if it could just be the stress of being somewhere new. any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.