Reptile Forums banner

Insurance for snakes.

1K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  mele2511 
#1 ·
Do you think it's a good idea getting pet insurance for your snakes, and if so are there any companies people recomend.I have insurance policies for both my dogs and wondered if it would be a good idea for the snake aswell. thanks.: victory:

#20 ·
NBlade: If you've insured your morph royals.... do you know whether your policy covers breeding-related problems?

lol oo so normal 'pedigree' royal will be more to insurance than a horrible mixed gene thingy lol like a albino !: victory:
*chuckle* An albino is more like a pedigree dog (inbred for a mutant trait) than a wild-type royal :)

#5 ·
Personally I think you're better off puttting money aside each week/month. There are too many clauses where the ins. companies can get out of paying out.

#8 ·
Roughly how much would pet insurance for reptiles be?
I'm not looking into getting it really, just being curious.

#16 ·
lol oo so normal 'pedigree' royal will be more to insurance than a horrible mixed gene thingy lol like a albino !: victory:

#12 ·
My snakes are insured through exotic direct. £80.00 for two snakes isnt bad.

I havent insured my older snakes, as I dont think they are as suseptable to illnesse etc that hatchlings are. I will risk just paying the vet I am registered if anything happens to them (God Forbid).

#14 ·
I use exotics driect for Ichi - costs me about £300 for the year for her that covers vets fees up to "£2000, theft and death.

#24 ·
As mentioned before - exotics direct is the biggest company that does this - i put a quote in on the internet for my four baby corns - pair of rankins dragons and baby iggy at one time and the insurance was £500 a year. It will depend on what you are keeping - as mentioned before (again!) I think it may be a good idea just putting some money aside each week in case of a vets bill

#27 ·
as someone who deals with insurance claims, I would check the policy cover first before you get any insurance, as if you find they exclude so much, sometimes there is no point ( in respect of this subject anyway ), but as has been mentioned maybe put money away.

I must admit I have no insurance for our snakes, we have 2, I think because we were unable to insure our cat, as he has FIV, so I will just pay out when or if the time comes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.