** Carpet Python Thread ** - Page 318 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 02-05-2016, 03:34 AM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Similan9 View Post
Does anyone have any advice on where to get large vertical vivs? I'm not much of a 'handy' guy and so building my own would be pretty difficult...I'm looking for something in the region of 6'x2'x2' rather than my current 4'x2'x2' horizontal setup, but can't find any tall vivs close to what I want. I'm guessing most guys build their own.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Get in touch with Volly on this forum or FB ...Danjaylai Cabinets......
Similan9 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Regular

[QUOTE=Similan9;12358954]Does anyone have any advice on where to get large vertical vivs? I'm not much of a 'handy' guy and so building my own would be pretty difficult...I'm looking for something in the region of 6'x2'x2' rather than my current 4'x2'x2' horizontal setup, but can't find any tall vivs close to what I want. I'm guessing most guys build their own.

I made mine from a wardrobe that I cut down on the table saw at work. Maybe you know someone who could help you like a family member or a good mate?
If not then you could look at the classifieds on here there might be something on there
Good luck
Old 02-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Similan9 View Post
Does anyone have any advice on where to get large vertical vivs? I'm not much of a 'handy' guy and so building my own would be pretty difficult...I'm looking for something in the region of 6'x2'x2' rather than my current 4'x2'x2' horizontal setup, but can't find any tall vivs close to what I want. I'm guessing most guys build their own.

You want 6'high x 2'deep and wide? I imagine you might have stability issues with that, or at least would need a divider or 2 so you don't have two long thin sheets of glass running up it. Volly did my vivs and I while I am very impressed with their quality and they were custom for my specifications, they did cost a fortune (and took ages) to deliver.

An alternative could be buying 2 smaller vivs and stacking them. You could either cut a hole in the top of one and the bottom of the other or completely remove those panels. Attach them with a few straight brackets (flat pieces of metal with screw holes) from a DIY store. That'd be pretty easy to do and only requires a screwdriver.
Similan9 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char D View Post
You want 6'high x 2'deep and wide? I imagine you might have stability issues with that, or at least would need a divider or 2 so you don't have two long thin sheets of glass running up it. Volly did my vivs and I while I am very impressed with their quality and they were custom for my specifications, they did cost a fortune (and took ages) to deliver.

An alternative could be buying 2 smaller vivs and stacking them. You could either cut a hole in the top of one and the bottom of the other or completely remove those panels. Attach them with a few straight brackets (flat pieces of metal with screw holes) from a DIY store. That'd be pretty easy to do and only requires a screwdriver.
This is probably a good way to do it actually all you need to do really is take off the 2 pannels and stack them. Didn't event think about the glass or stability. You will definitely need 4 pieces of glass and not 2 unless you was to have them 10mm thick lol
Old 02-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyturtle View Post
This is probably a good way to do it actually all you need to do really is take off the 2 pannels and stack them. Didn't event think about the glass or stability. You will definitely need 4 pieces of glass and not 2 unless you was to have them 10mm thick lol
Yeah, I wanted to up-end one of my 4x2x2s to make it 4' tall but the sheets of glass I needed were then only a foot wide but 4' tall which seemed like a risky idea and access is much harder too as you only have a 1 foot gap rather than 2foot.

Actually thinking about it anyway, a 2x2 floor footprint is too small for any grown on carpet. Yes they like perching off the floor but IMO a 4x2x2 is better than a 2x4x2 (WxHxD)
Old 03-05-2016, 02:57 AM
Premier Member

Some updated pics of mine growing nicely

Jcp

Djjcp

John Hufton and muskyturtle like this.

3.2x Corns 1.0x Hse Snakes 2.0x Bci 1.2 Dwarf Rectic 1.0 Retic 1.0 Djj Cp 0.1 Jcp
And Lots Of African Land Snails!!! Roaches and Millies
Old 13-06-2016, 12:53 AM
Premier Citizen

Decided to put mine up for sale, links the text in my signature.

My Flickr photo album
>click<
Old 13-06-2016, 02:05 PM
5 Star Member
Send a message via MSN to Antw23uk

Not sure ive posted pictures of this princess before! Caramel Jag CP

DragonFish66 and littlelats like this.

BEFORE YOU POST A REPLY IN THE CLASSIFIED .... LOOK AT THE DATE IT WAS POSTED!!!!!
Old 15-05-2017, 03:48 PM
Hatchling

Is there anyone on here interested in adopting a coastal/caramel, around 7-8ft? I don't want to give her up but my Mrs is growing less and less comfortable with having a snake in the house, especially one that is looking as though she may well reach 10ft or more. ***128533;

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tags
jungle carpet python , spider pig rules , spider pig spider pig