Bearded dragon 0-1
Leopard gecko 1-0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbargent View Post
in my front room at the mo ...... the rub is at the top of another viv that sits on my boa's stack so all that rising heat too lol
All of my snakes are in rubs and they're in the small lounge with a whole wall to themselves, if I'm in there of an evening I see them all out and about, except if they've just been fed or in blue or just like hiding in the aspen like my hoggie lol.
kbargent and Skatergt like this.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Super Regular

It doesn't help that my landlord is cheap and my bedroom window is single glazing, who still has single glazing?!?!?!?!
So yeah I have the heating on full whack but tomorrow is payday so its time to get an oil filled radiator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Super Regular

My Rack is in same room as a my Multifuel stove, When that is on with all doors open (its got 3 lots of double doors on one room lol) and window slightly open the room gets toasty! (it has to be running for my central heating)

For the not so cold days Ive got an Oil fired Rad sat next to my Rack which is set at 21C on "half power" and that handles it fine when the fire isnt lit.

Got my Stat probe taped to the mat, Got Thermometers watching temp at prob, and Rub Floor Temp.

With substrate, It doesn't matter really, I use Repti card which seems rather good at holding/spreading heat from heat mats, Though remember the snake will shuffle and redecorate/move substrate to get down to the warmer part if required.
kbargent likes this.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Super Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AilsaM View Post
All of my snakes are in rubs and they're in the small lounge with a whole wall to themselves, if I'm in there of an evening I see them all out and about, except if they've just been fed or in blue or just like hiding in the aspen like my hoggie lol.
thats a rack tho slightly different wit a stand alone well sort of stand alone lol....

do you have or have you had a rub thats set up by itself?? just wondered what you did thats all...... iv now got it at 32-33 under substrate and the air temps 30.2 hot side......... cold end 25-26 .......
Old 07-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Super Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnuk View Post
My Rack is in same room as a my Multifuel stove, When that is on with all doors open (its got 3 lots of double doors on one room lol) and window slightly open the room gets toasty! (it has to be running for my central heating)

For the not so cold days Ive got an Oil fired Rad sat next to my Rack which is set at 21C on "half power" and that handles it fine when the fire isnt lit.

Got my Stat probe taped to the mat, Got Thermometers watching temp at prob, and Rub Floor Temp.

With substrate, It doesn't matter really, I use Repti card which seems rather good at holding/spreading heat from heat mats, Though remember the snake will shuffle and redecorate/move substrate to get down to the warmer part if required.

im probs just worrying too much as its a 1st rub set-up ill defo use the oil rad idea tho and he bin doing the re-shuffling of substrate already lol.... he's feeding fine too so cant be that bad ay
Old 07-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
thats a rack tho slightly different wit a stand alone well sort of stand alone lol....

do you have or have you had a rub thats set up by itself?? just wondered what you did thats all...... iv now got it at 32-33 under substrate and the air temps 30.2 hot side......... cold end 25-26 .......
Mine aren't in a rack, they're on a shelving unit, all heated seperately with stat controlled heat mats and digi thermoms in each rub.
kbargent likes this.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Super Regular

Quote:
Mine aren't in a rack, they're on a shelving unit, all heated seperately with stat controlled heat mats and digi thermoms in each rub.
my apologies....... !!

got confuzzed lol
Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
my apologies....... !!

got confuzzed lol
Nah your okay mate, I guess you could call mine kind of a make shift rack, it's one of those black plastic 5 tier shelf units from Argos, I'm gonna get another one and sit it in front of the one I have, that way the bigger rubs will just slot in length ways and it will look much better, I have a 4 tier unit which has my tarantulas on it.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Super Regular

Quote:
Nah your okay mate, I guess you could call mine kind of a make shift rack, it's one of those black plastic 5 tier shelf units from Argos, I'm gonna get another one and sit it in front of the one I have, that way the bigger rubs will just slot in length ways and it will look much better, I have a 4 tier unit which has my tarantulas on it.
yh ill do summin like that for the older snakes n the rack im doing atm is for hatchlings n neonates ill get there although i wish it cud all happen over night lol..... as for tarantulas (no fanks lol) ill stick to snakes

Tags
rub heating help