Striker :) - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 28-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Forum Citizen
Default Striker :)

Woohoo my corn drop feeder is now a consecutive strike feeder oh how they grow so fast, sorry just needed to put it out there as no one I know cares
entbiker and Drayvan like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Premier Member
Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzabear View Post
Woohoo my corn drop feeder is now a consecutive strike feeder oh how they grow so fast, sorry just needed to put it out there as no one I know cares
It was so tempting to be mean with the last bit....

Seriously - good news. I always prefer snakes to strike feed if that's what they would be expected to do naturally. It shows that they're settled and happy!

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

“... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.”
Old 28-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Forum Citizen

Yeah it's cool he don't bother taking it unless I'm playing tug of mousey with him, he's like a lil dog, did it with both fluffs as he's on 2 at the mo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Forum Citizen

I know what it's like when you are over the moon about something snake related and your nearest and dearest just roll their eyes and don't appreciate what a big deal it is.

And then you come on here and no-one here gives a flying fudge either!! I'm pleased for you and impressed - my corn drop feeds and when she has struck it goes embarrassingly wrong and I have to pretend I didn't see lol xx so well done xx

CB12 0.1.0 normal corn snake 'Liss'
CB08 1.0.0 normal hognose 'Louie'
CB12 0.1.0 normal royal python 'Lola'
CB13 0.1.0 amel corn snake 'Saffron'
Old 28-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Super Regular

Congrats!
My old corn is completely rubbish when she attempts to strike, it's just embarrassing for her really :p, I won't give up letting her try though.. just when no one else is around to see so she doesn't get embarrassed :P.
Old 28-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkmoth View Post
I know what it's like when you are over the moon about something snake related and your nearest and dearest just roll their eyes and don't appreciate what a big deal it is.

And then you come on here and no-one here gives a flying fudge either!! I'm pleased for you and impressed - my corn drop feeds and when she has struck it goes embarrassingly wrong and I have to pretend I didn't see lol xx so well done xx
Thanx silk moth :> I never had any intention of trying to get him to strike, at first he was a drop feeder then he started to rise up and take it gently out of the tongs and then one day as I was entering the viv and wiggled the mouse about near his hide he shot out and struck I thought it was just a one off thing as twice since I've had him he has constricted, but he seems to do it all the time now, now he refuses to pay attention to it if I don't 'put up a challenge' when he has it in his mouth, he drops it and just stares at me till I pick it up again and play rough with him lol
Old 28-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessthanthree View Post
Congrats!
My old corn is completely rubbish when she attempts to strike, it's just embarrassing for her really :p, I won't give up letting her try though.. just when no one else is around to see so she doesn't get embarrassed :P.
Lol bless her, mine used to insist on eating bum 1st at one point
Old 28-05-2013, 10:31 PM
5 Star Member

Strike feeding snakes is one of the best parts of keeping them. I get quite disappointed if any of mine don't let me watch.

Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."

Before buying a royal python containing the spider gene, give this short video a watch. It may well change your mind http://youtu.be/JfTbiZ_dzVM