Reptile Forums banner

Check out this story

2K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  candoia aspera 
#1 ·
#2 ·
nope not v,good..but at least for once, its not a ranting ranging article about 'be careful how deep u sleep coz when u wake up u might find the loast boa lying on the bed sizeing you up for its next meal' malarky!!at least theyve made sure to re-itterate that its not a threat to people etc, and what to do..as for the owner-plonker.

#3 ·
I really hope my neighbours don't get to hear about this. That's all I've heard out of them since they moved in "They better not escape!" All they need is one excuse to complain. Which is quite annoying I have not once complained officially about her five cats that work as a team and attack my cats, even through the patio doors!

The neighbours cat and dog are more liable to do harm than most pet snakes. Why does the general public have this opinion, ignorance. Having been mauled by a German Shepherd when I was four I know of the devistating effects a dog can have when it bites. I also need to add that this dog was NOT destroyed after the attack on me it attacked a further twice resulting in far more serious injuries before it was destroyed. I feel I must also point out that I have owned a German Shepherd and various other dogs including Jack Russell Terriers so I am far from a hater of dogs.

#6 ·
yeah this is because people are nieave I can't get any leeway with my mum &dad they think that all lizerds ans snakes are wild court so it is imoral to keep them as i intend to live at home once i have got my degree (so I can get a littel scratch to get a house and stuff) it seems i cant get a snake/Lizerd for a fair few years yet. oh yea and before i finish .is it illegal to have a pet spitting/hooded cobra (just asking because my dad seems to think that you can buy them in the uk.

#4 ·
ah. but as someones already said atleast there not trying to instill fear that a massive man eating boa's going to eat you lol. anyway dont rainbow boas need really high humidity to servive without that im guessing it wouldnt last long enough to get anywhere. poor snakey.
xsachax

#5 ·
£400 for a CRB! :lol2:

#19 ·
thats what I thought. Thing is I have a good idea where you probably bought it and I bet he did pay that much. The shop I am thinking of wanted £700 for a BRB

#10 ·
My thoughts exactly, they even had the cheek to say "“She couldn’t have pushed the lid off because it was weighted down with books, so we have no idea how it got out." If you're going to keep boa's it has to be in a viv with locking doors, although i'm sure somebody will disagree. The nicest touch to the aquarium is the unguarded bulb swinging from only its flex. The CRB's better off out of there, its stress levels are probably a lot lower now

#9 ·
It doesn't matter who tells them that the snake is harmless. My neighbours have seen me and my son wandering around the back garden with the royal pythons on a hot summer day. (My son is eight) My friend's 2yr hold has handled the Royals! Even my neighbours kids have handled them but their parents freak out. I'm slowly working on them though it may take time and they may never become snake lovers but I will get them to appreciate snakes if it's the last thing I do!

#11 ·
omigod

she says "there are only three things in his life that he loves...his computer,his snake and me"
so why is he taking pictures of it to sell?...doesn`t love it that much then!
thankfully they`re telling people that it`s harmless but i doubt if anyone came accross it that they would remember that advice...that poor snake

#12 ·
she says "there are only three things in his life that he loves...his computer,his snake and me"
so why is he taking pictures of it to sell?...doesn`t love it that much then!
thankfully they`re telling people that it`s harmless but i doubt if anyone came accross it that they would remember that advice...that poor snake
I thought the same - and he's only had it since November too.

#13 ·
What a tool!!!:bash:

Someone tell the idiot the snakes in his aprtment.somewhere, my snakes are clever but opening a front door and slithering down the road, no way. Ahh, but his is the houdini snake that can walk through glass cos he has books on the lid.........well worth £400 in my estimations:lol2:

#14 ·
Columbian Rainbow Boa Constrictor !!! hahahahah :lol2:

#16 ·
Ms Carter, a shop assistant at Booze Buster in Longbenton, said: “We were planning on selling the snake, so when we got home from work, Graham got his camera and went to take a picture of it. But he just shouted that it wasn’t there. - thought he loved the snake so why was he gonna sell it?

The couple have owned the snake since last November, and it is estimated to be worth about £400. - Bahahaha yer right

It Ms Carter said: “Graham says he has three loves in his life – his computer, his snake and me. So he was quite upset when it went missing. At first it was shock and Graham was close to tears. - why u planning on sellin it then u numpty

#25 ·
i don't know what i'm messing around breding boa's and bloods for if i can get £400 quid a baby from CRB's! i'm gonna have to get into them if their that much of a money maker:hmm:

#26 ·
ha ha ha ha, this is the best thing iv read in a long time!!

i think it is worth £400 if its that tame that i wouldn't eat a live mouse if it ran past!!

"Having been kept in captivity since birth, the boa constrictor will no longer feed on live animals, opting only for dead mice."

warren.

#27 ·
Some things in this article dont make any sense........

Ms Carter, a shop assistant at Booze Buster in Longbenton, said: “We were planning on selling the snake, so when we got home from work, Graham got his camera and went to take a picture of it.

Ok...........

“Graham says he has three loves in his life – his computer, his snake and me. So he was quite upset when it went missing. At first it was shock and Graham was close to tears.

And..........

Ms Carter said: “It’s stopping us moving because Graham won’t leave without the snake.”

So he was going to sell it but it was 1 of his loves in his life. So he wont leave till it is found.

I'm just surprised the snake hasn't got out before in that fish tank. What a MUPPET

#28 ·
I reckon the story happened more along the lines of the "Friends" plotline, where Joey is tricked into fitting in the cupboard....snake dares bloke to see if he fits in tank and buggers off while he tries to get out!!:lol2: How can you have had a snake since November and lost it already?? Thats just crap. Whats with the unguarded light and the bloody UV light? That snakes better off hanging out in the flats than going back in that fish tank. And the constrictor bit??? please! That is just scaremongering, trying to make it sound like it'll choke you in your sleep, the public always believe any form of constrictor will squeeze them to death. I bet if it was a corn snake they'd have said "corn snake constrictor" :whistling2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.