Thread split - Big snake husbandry discussion - Page 8 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 31-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Newman View Post
Sorry Ian I misinterpreted what you said! I did produce a mock-up of how I anticipate this document to look, but it is only a mock-up of how I expect it to look and I donít anticipate showing any enclosures, the purpose is to make people think before they start keeping.
Stop waffling,you started this post,you've re-invented yourself as the voice of our hobby,so in your both personal/chair capacity is acceptable to keep large pythons in large draw type shallow vivs?
why is this so difficult for you to answer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Q View Post
Hey Steven, how about you stop this online bullying, by pm Steven has accused me of importing and exporting, his bullying tactics also include Quote " I know who you deal with, talk to, and friends are "

The only experience I have with imports is collecting at Hamm.

He then goes on to call me Quote " a hypocrite "
Yes Peter because you are,tell you what l'l privately send the the details of the American breeders that give me your details for their animals that you import to sell on.
Funny how you've never mentioned any of this with any of our conversations on CB.
Ps then l'm back on CB l'l show you and your buds what some of you privately admit to,proving what l say is correct
Have a nice day
Old 31-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenrudge View Post
Yes Peter because you are,tell you what l'l privately send the the details of the American breeders that give me your details for their animals that you import to sell on.
Funny how you've never mentioned any of this with any of our conversations on CB.
Ps then l'm back on CB l'l show you and your buds what some of you privately admit to,proving what l say is correct
Have a nice day
What an absolute weapon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Have a nice day
Is this in the same way you were posting all the evidence to prove Chris was a liar? except all you did was confirm that what he said was true, ie that you used a dial a lawyer firm to try and take him to court, but after he pointed out how pathetic your arguement was, they never bothered to get back in touch?

I'll look forward to this post on CB
ClickRick likes this.

www.bioactiveherps.co.uk
Old 31-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Banned

Are these acceptable living conditions Chris ?
l'l post some uk volume producing breeders who use the very same draw type shallow vivs.
Same as with the rubs,clearly way too small for the snakes,do you still not have have any opinion?
Old 31-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:

l'l post some uk volume producing breeders who use the very same draw type shallow vivs.
Same as with the rubs,clearly way too small for the snakes,do you still not have have any opinion?
Steven what does it matter to you what Chris thinks about those living conditions, why direct this question/s to him and not to the rest of us on the forum? It is not up to the FBH, Chris etc to dictate what size enclosures should be used and even if they did how would they enforce it?
I think they are way to small for them and I would like to think most keepers would say the same. There are lots of people who use RUB's but I doubt there are many that give as little space as in those pictures.

And I am still waiting for my responce from you to my earlier question............
Old 31-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:

First off, why should Chris bother engaging you in any type of conversation?

A. You tried to take him to court for absolutely nothing, and are supposed to be prohibited from being in contact with him until your imaginary court date.

B. Whatever answer Chris gives, you will twist it to suit your means. If he agrees with it, he will be a heathen and not got a care for welfare, etc. If he disagrees, then he will be a heathen because he isn't doing more to stop it.

C. Any opinion Chris gives would be, most likely, his own, and not that of the FBH. It would have to be discussed officially at the next meeting, to form an official standpoint, and so you wouldn't get the quick response you are after.

D. You are a pleb!

How about you answer all the questions put to you before asking anymore.

www.bioactiveherps.co.uk
Old 31-08-2013, 04:58 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Have a nice day
Yes please, I want to see it all, post it for me and all to see.

I have never mentioned " it " because I have never imported to " sell on "

Do it, I'm waiting.
Old 31-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Stop waffling,you started this post,you've re-invented yourself as the voice of our hobby,so in your both personal/chair capacity is acceptable to keep large pythons in large draw type shallow vivs?
why is this so difficult for you to answer?
"is [it] acceptable to keep large pythons in large draw type shallow vivs?"

Answer to the only slightly relevant question you asked here is YES
BUT
Exactly what is considered large???

If 15ftx10ftx4ft is considered as LARGE then that would be considered as acceptable by most people
If 15inchx10inchx4inch is considered as LARGE that would not be acceptable to most people

Because there are no really relevant laws about viv size each person must decide what they want to do regarding this

To demand anyone to personally give exact guidelines about his/her personal preferences, and then attempt to use those preferences in attacks on a public forum is a pretty low act

This is especially true if the person being asked is in any form of leadership position, because no matter what they reply, that reply can be used against both them and the group they are involved in

Words can be twisted to mean anything
Actions are the only true measuring stick

I think it was Cardinal Richeleau who said
'give me three sentences written by the most innocent of men and I will find a reason to execute him"

Forums are supposed to be FUN??
Carlie, Janine00, Khonsu and 5 others like this.

You can lead a fool to knowledge....But you cant make him think

http://www.facebook.com/longte

Old 31-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_88 View Post
What an absolute weapon.
And a vile,disgusting and very disturbing one!

I've almost begged you to stop this behaviour,Steven,but it seems your ego is all encompassing.

I'll give you fair warning,i can't stand anymore of your hypocritical nonsense,since coming across this thread yesterday I've been composing a reply about all the negative aspects of your involvement in the hobby since I've known you,it's probably going to take another day because of the amount i have on you,the little time i have to spare to do it from on my phone,and how best my memory serves me.

Here's something for you to respond to in the meantime though,considering your concern for Boid's in RUB's,or any Snake in RUB's for that matter...

...do you remember before you were made bankrupt in your failed business attempts,my friend Karl and myself were allowed access by yourself to your backroom facility at

Avion Pets,
The Avion Center,
WhitmoreReans,
Wolverhampton.

where you kept a lot of your personal collection?It was an eye opening occasion for the pair of us,at that time I had never seen so many Snakes crammed into RUB's ,and my friend Karl,a newbie to the hobby at the time was gob smacked to know that keeping that way was allowed.Anyway,the first Snakes you showed us were a pair of BRB's,6ft and 5ft in length,crammed into a Wilkinsons type RUB,dimensions of 24"L x 14" W x 6"H.Upon showing concern,you attempted to reassure Karl that it was totally legal,and besides,everyone is doing it nowadays,don't ya know!

Our journey home after that was a sad one,to see a longstanding friend,a .22 stone "Proper Hard Man" nearly reduced to tears,was as eye opening as the tour of those premises.He still remembers the occasion and comments"i should have punched his lights out and crammed him into that box,see how he would like it".

It was no surprise to see old habits die hard when i visited your home after not seeing you for many years,but i'm sure it would be a surprise for your fellow forumites,whom you have so much contempt for,to see how you keep your animals.I know it's difficult for you to construct a meaningful sentence with your dyslexia,but i also know you are fairly computer savvy,so put some pic's up,show us how it's done

Please,don't even bother to PM or phone me,especially with threats.You know me,I've never made a threat in my life,only promises which i always keep.Any dialogue do so in public on this forum,face to face at the IHS meets or any of the upcoming shows.Oh,and if you want to grass me to your favourite grassing hotline,grass away,I'll be sure to have a lovely cup of tea ready when they come knocking my door.And i'll explain to the good folk of RFUK "The Proper Version" of when you told John and myself about how you grassed a keeper to the RSPCA ,because he "pissed you off",in another post,not the version that took you nearly a week to come up with.

Talking of shows,guess what,i met Chris Newman at Kempton a few weeks back,and guess what again,he most certainly is not the arrogant you so seethingly describe.He shook my hand firmly and heartily,and the gentleman that he is,he never once described you in a derogatory manner,he's as baffled as any genuine keeper at your harassment towards himself and others!

I also met Pete Q at Creaks and Kempton,the gentleman that he is,or should i say"gentle giant"lol,responds in a similar way to Chris.You've a long way to go mate to be anywhere near the "MEN" they are!

Toodle pip for now old bean,I'll be back soon.
hogboy, penfold, Pete Q and 20 others like this.