DOAs, how to handle sensitively - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts

Old 07-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Premier Member

Lots of folks have said the same Sylvi so it's not your eyes. With the photo being taken from above I didn't think anything of it, just thought it was the angle (and it could have just been the angle, I'll leave it to each of you to decide on that one). Thank you for your supportive messages xxxx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Super Regular

Let's face it, when we buy a living anything we expect it to be alive on arrival and we expect it to stay alive for a reasonable amount of time if properly cared for. But at the same time we should expect to return the dead creature to the seller. Sellers should not need to provide a guarantee and should just do what's right. But if sellers don't do that then others should know about it without the threat of intimidation over bad return feedback. That was precisely the reason why ebay removed the possibility of leaving bad feedback for buyers who had paid.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Premier Member

I would be fine sending a spider back would I not be even more out of pocket for doing so (I would've felt differently had his response been more sympathetic or helpful). In this particular situation it was clear he was accusing me of fraud and as such I knew my money was already spent. If he had the money to refund he wouldn't have thought to make up a bonkers reason for not paying, like people have a dead example of the exact size and specoes of T lying around the house to rip people off lol. I also had a fairly quick response from someone telling me they had been refused a refund by the same seller so I had no confidence in sending it back just to add to what I was down on. We're not well off enough to pee £58 into the wind sadly and he's already got £50 of that and bullied me out of the refund.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Premier Citizen

I really cant see why you are bothered or worried about negative feed back from the douche bag.
Personally, I would be shouting the tossers name out on every FB group and passing his/her name to everyone and his dog if they messaged me asking for it.
I wouldnt be surprised if the douche is relying on exactly your reaction so that no bad reviews are made.
As you know this hobby is a small one and everyone knows everyone after a short while in it.
Word will soon spread when the details get out and if a few people are saying the same thing about the same person . . . .
Old 08-05-2014, 05:38 AM
Super Citizen

The seller is bang out of order a parasite who by two counts that I know of has conned people out of money ( proven ) & yet I bet he is laughing now. Yes Mr I know who you are and with the OP'S permission I will let others know via non forum means tell anyone who wants to know who the seller is .
KathyM likes this.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Premier Citizen

Its hard as a seller to trust buyers in general, since there are those out there that will try to scam you. However it seems you did everything right, if someone sent me a dated photo of a dead spider I'd refund, anyone that wouldn't should get bad feedback for sure!
KathyM likes this.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Gold Star Member

The feedback system is here for a reason and that's to use it. You may have this thread etc but who is going to hunt out separate threads about sellers when feedback says 100%?

As a business I have to do things slightly differently as I have regulations to follow, but as a private seller I'd give refund as long as I'm notified within 24hrs of the parcel being received.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Premier Member

The feedback system here is not safe for buyers to give honest feedback without getting given negative feedback in return, lovely as the mods have been they're not protecting me or anyone else from that and I don't particularly wish to have my feedback state I'm a fraud when I've done nothing wrong, so I can't leave it can I? As someone who totally fulfilled their side of the 'deal' it puts me off leaving any as I will no doubt get it in return despite having done nothing wrong. Ebay changed the way theirs worked for this reason, people were not leaving negative feedback because if they did they got abuse back on theirs. If Pauline Wallace has 100% feedback then that is one thing (not right in any shape or form but explained by the rules), but this experience has taught me that the feedback system here is totally skewed. Anyone with 100% feedback could be doing the same as this man has to two people already.

ETA: When buyers are protected in giving honest feedback (eg. after the mods have kindly investigated and if they would rethink the protocol of only removing when both parties agree and then removing the buyer's feedback as well) then I will be happy to. As it stands the forum is not responsible for sales on their boards, and it's too much involvement for them to step into every case like this, which is why I would say that feedback here means nothing, I don't see the point in it at all.

Last edited by KathyM; 08-05-2014 at 01:31 PM..
Old 08-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
The feedback system here is not safe for buyers to give honest feedback without getting given negative feedback in return, lovely as the mods have been they're not protecting me or anyone else from that and I don't particularly wish to have my feedback state I'm a fraud when I've done nothing wrong, so I can't leave it can I? As someone who totally fulfilled their side of the 'deal' it puts me off leaving any as I will no doubt get it in return despite having done nothing wrong. Ebay changed the way theirs worked for this reason, people were not leaving negative feedback because if they did they got abuse back on theirs. If Pauline Wallace has 100% feedback then that is one thing (not right in any shape or form but explained by the rules), but this experience has taught me that the feedback system here is totally skewed. Anyone with 100% feedback could be doing the same as this man has to two people already.

ETA: When buyers are protected in giving honest feedback (eg. after the mods have kindly investigated and if they would rethink the protocol of only removing when both parties agree and then removing the buyer's feedback as well) then I will be happy to. As it stands the forum is not responsible for sales on their boards, and it's too much involvement for them to step into every case like this, which is why I would say that feedback here means nothing, I don't see the point in it at all.
I'd have to agree
The feedback system protects scammers and does not protect the buyers. So what the hell is it there for ?? because the way I see it its RUBBISH and needs a BIG overhaul.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:11 PM
RFUK Premium Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybott View Post
I'd have to agree
The feedback system protects scammers and does not protect the buyers. So what the hell is it there for ?? because the way I see it its RUBBISH and needs a BIG overhaul.
People could also stop sending money via gift to strangers like has been said 11 billion times.

Perfect feedback system or not, that to me seems basic sense. Guess it boils down to how much you like gambling money after that.
snowgoose and AuHr like this.

Quote:
"Anyone who has watched insects or animals living their lives freely in the open knows that they do not always do their everyday duties in the same way; that there are in each population conservatives and radicals, stupid, brilliant, mediocre, and probably insane individuals" - Rau, 1933

Tags
dead , post , tarantula