Reptile Forums

Reptile Forums (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/)
-   Spiders and Inverts (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/spiders-inverts/)
-   -   posting inverts (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/spiders-inverts/1084516-posting-inverts.html)

andy74 29-09-2015 10:22 PM

posting inverts

Hi guys.
Altho ive never sent inverts myself ive recived afew via rmsd.

Im in talks with someone atm about sending some beetles but there not wanting to use rmsd as there saying they dont know what to do and they dont want to harm them.
Ive emailed afew animal couriers but had no reply in 3 days.
What other options do i have? He's 160ish miles away. And i really dont want to spend a day driving as i hate driving:/

I have explained how to package and how simple rmsd is but still thats a no go.
Anybody know of any good couriers. Thanks guys

PeterUK 29-09-2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy74 (Post 12256404)

You do realise that a animal courier will cost at least £45 ?

Quote:

Im in talks with someone atm about sending some beetles but there not wanting to use rmsd as there saying they dont know what to do and they dont want to harm them.

Show them this > > > http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...tarantula.html < << < otherwise its paying a courier £45-£50 so i would just tell them to post RMSD or dont bother

andy74 30-09-2015 12:39 AM

No i didnt realise that to be honest. I thought around the £20 mark so scratch that idea then.

Is there any links or videos or pic diagrams on how to package inverts safely?
I know its pretty obvious but after explaing it and still getting a no maby pics of how easy it is would help.

s6t6nic6l 30-09-2015 11:17 AM

a beetle won't come to any harm in the post unless the package gets flattened. put the beetle in a small container with some straw/hay 80% volume then put this in another box with plenty of packing like scrunched up newspapers and such. the package can be as small as you want.
get it sent/deliver Monday or Tuesday so that it won't be left in the depot over weekend.

andy74 30-09-2015 03:29 PM

Yeah i know that. It wasnt me that had the problem it was the seller wouldn't post.
Nevermind now. He's apparently made his mind up he wont post because he cant. For what reason i have no clue. But ah well

s6t6nic6l 30-09-2015 04:49 PM

funnily enough I've had this too and makes you wonder if they actually have what they advertise, strange.

PeterUK 01-10-2015 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy74 (Post 12256458)

Is there any links or videos or pic diagrams on how to package inverts safely?.

Look at the link that I posted ! :bash:

Adam B Jones 12-10-2015 08:33 PM

Another option:

Suggest to the seller that you will post them an empty package, made up exactly as the invert should be packaged, so that all they have to do is add the invert and re-pack and post as they found it.

It worked for me with a seller that was unsure of posting a P. met, plus it has the advantage that the onus is on you which takes the heat off them if they are nervous about posting...

Mr Mister 21-10-2015 06:07 AM

Quote:

Hi guys.
Altho ive never sent inverts myself ive recived afew via rmsd.

Ive emailed afew animal couriers but had no reply in 3 days.
What other options do i have? He's 160ish miles away. And i really dont want to spend a day driving as i hate driving:/

Go somewhere else;

Beetles - BugzUk.com

Other Inverts

Martin Goss - Insects

andy74 21-10-2015 11:07 AM

Altho this isnt needed now.
Great advice adam thanks.
Mr mister, they dont have what i wanted or i would of used them. Thanks tho