does any one own a camel spider? - Page 4 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts

Old 22-02-2007, 09:03 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_P View Post
Here is a video of a camel spider found in Iraq eating a lizard.
look at the comments. "my mums friend had her leg bitten off by one of these"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-02-2007, 05:12 PM
5 Star Member

lol, just silly really
Old 23-02-2007, 07:21 PM

my m8 keeps em, an 2 say they are agressive is an understatement...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-02-2007, 07:46 PM
5 Star Member

you sure he does? lol
Cool, where did he get them? How long as he had them and how is he keeping them do you know?
Old 23-02-2007, 11:11 PM

where did he get them? havent a clue pal, proabably the same place he got his funnelwebs Hes got a huuuuuuuuge glass viv filled with living plants, rocks, even a mad waterfall!! he's had alot of em but the few he's got at the mo hav bin around 4 just a few months. Ive tried gettin a video or a photo of em but as soon as the light goes on... they gone! worse than cobolt blues man. im sure ill get a snap at some point an as soon as i do itll b straight up but at the end of the day.. how close are you willing 2 get!?
Old 25-02-2007, 05:51 PM

I Had one of these for a few months.I was expecting it to be a monster but it wasn`t I saw no aggression from it what so ever.It was very active always on the move but to be honest I think it was finding adjusting to captivity hard.I think I`m correct in saying that these spids are not bred in captivity at the moment so are always wild caught least that`s what I was told.
Finding useful information on them was hard theres an awful lot of rubbish out there to sift through and laugh at.
After a couple of months mine stopped feeding and died don`t know if it was old when i got it or if it was something I did or didn`t do I`ve since found out they are difficult to keep so I`ll be sticking to T`s from now on, shame though it was a fascinating little creature.
Old 26-02-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Strike View Post
they are neither scorpions or spiders.. they are arachnids however and fall under the name of solifugid. (means- fleeing from the sun)
I would be suprised if any1 has any. I havent known of any imported recently, and at best they have opnly been maintained for a year. They are not good pets because of this
They are only small, but possess two jaws, they have the strongest bite in comparison of its size of any invert, probably any animal, so i have read.
They are formidable in their own environment but suffer highly from stress in captivity.
Most people willl have seen this image of them.. This is nothing but camera trickery.. notice that they are not as big as the guys leg, lol its the position of the creature in regards to the camera.. They grow no more than 6inch at the most and much of that is only because of their front legs.
http://www.solpugid.com/Iraqi-giants.jpg

This is a good bit of info on them
Wind Scorpian
like we dont already know
Old 17-07-2019, 11:36 PM
Banned
Default Camel spiders

Camel spiders are getting to be famed due to the fact the beginning of the 2000s, when the primary American troopers entered Iraq. These spiders were being explained to for being as much as a half of the…

The bandage will need to be modified day after day. As you need to do so, be sure to Check out whether you'll find any an infection signals. Get more informations here https://www.ahaport.com/camel-spider-facts/
Old 18-07-2019, 10:11 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfspiders View Post
Camel spiders are getting to be famed due to the fact the beginning of the 2000s, when the primary American troopers entered Iraq. These spiders were being explained to for being as much as a half of the…

The bandage will need to be modified day after day. As you need to do so, be sure to Check out whether you'll find any an infection signals. Get more informations here https://www.ahaport.com/camel-spider-facts/
Makes little sense.
And a 12 year old thread!
Closed Thread