Dead forum - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts

Old 16-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Forum Citizen

Never really liked the American one, starting up my collection again so been doing the usual Youtube binges and deciding what to get.

another one back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-07-2017, 05:41 PM
Super Citizen

You and me both . I have 3 t's and a scorp and ordering more on Tuesday
Sickone likes this.
Old 16-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Forum Citizen

I sold my whole T wall thing and got a Exo habitat and finally a AF G pulchra. Shes been fine for the past couple years but i've missed the rest.

Bit the bullet last week and ordered 4 p met slings Was a really nice feeling setting up for slings again and watching them semi settle in.

I've been looking on here for T's but tbh because of the slow down people seem to think it effects the price. I know how much i'm not paying for a regalis lol
jaybott likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-07-2017, 06:14 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickone View Post
I sold my whole T wall thing and got a Exo habitat and finally a AF G pulchra. Shes been fine for the past couple years but i've missed the rest.

Bit the bullet last week and ordered 4 p met slings Was a really nice feeling setting up for slings again and watching them semi settle in.

I've been looking on here for T's but tbh because of the slow down people seem to think it effects the price. I know how much i'm not paying for a regalis lol
& there is very little variety in the invert classifieds these days- you used to be able to get almost any Avic in the hobby there, but no one seems to have them now. You get one or two Avic species once in a blue moon, but they're either slings, unsexed or expensive. Even the once ubiquitous Guyana/common Avic is never offered anymore. There are fewer Brachy species offered too.
Sickone likes this.
Old 16-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Forum Citizen

Very true! I've even sent Poxicator a message in the hope he's still in the hobby, trying to find poecilotheria that aren't the obvious ones is becoming impossible.
wilkinss77 likes this.
Old 16-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickone View Post
Very true! I've even sent Poxicator a message in the hope he's still in the hobby, trying to find poecilotheria that aren't the obvious ones is becoming impossible.
Pokies are another genus I forgot mention- you're right, they too are becoming scarce. Seems to be mainly baboons, earth tigers & a handful of NW birdeaters (& few of the really interesting ones) offered now.
Old 16-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Forum Citizen

It's funny you say earth tiger, they're one T i've always avoided but going through TSS list there's so many I was tempted just down to choice.

Facebook has killed forums, happened on any car forum I was on also. Old posters get bored of answering the same questions over, new people join and see it's dead and head off to Facebook.

I've never bought anything off Facebook, only if it's a link to TSS or the like. Prefer for sale sections but can imagine how pointless it can be for regular sellers. If you're reading, come back with the variety and non tourist prices please
Old 16-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzer View Post
Good site but it's American , we need similar site here for the sales . I'm now getting directed to loads of different sites every time I log in here on my phone so will be exiting very soon

Just download and use the free forum app TapaTalk .

No messing around when you log on and no adverts ,l

It keeps you logged onto all your forums inc RFUK .
Simple to use after getting used to and there's a fabulous one click photo upload option ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 18-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Ultra Citizen

Hi sickone and all , you mentioned the high prices have you been to a show recently ? I went to the BTS for the first time in 4 years and was shocked at how much everything has gone up , in a relatively small space of time . I have Poecilotheria vittata grown on youngsters that are kept communally if anyone is interested , I'll have to work out a price . That was another thing I noticed at the show definitely not many Poec species available , same goes for Avics , they were better represented than the poecs though .
Old 18-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Forum Citizen

Have never been to a show mate but can imagine! I've been looking for Ornata slings for at least 2 months now and only today found a reasonably priced Regalis.

definitely interested in any communals you have so please let me know

Tried using the site on my phone today, gave up and used it when home.