Posting Inverts - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts

Old 23-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to GazEmm
Default Posting Inverts

I am looking to increase my T collection slowly but due to working hours its going to be difficult to get anything delivered...and shop prices are often a lot more than internet prices!!

What i am wondering is if there is no one in to sign for the delivery does it get returned straight away to the sender or do they do what they normally do and post a card through the door and let you pick it up yourself from their depo the next day? I'm not sure if they would do this (or even if its acceptable) as obviously its an animal inside.

Sorry its this is a dumb question but ive never tried to send or receive an invert through the post.

Ta,
Gary.
Advertisement

Old 23-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Premier Member
Send a message via MSN to Becky

Thing is they don't know its an animal inside
If you miss the post you get a card through your door, as spiders are sent so that you have to sign for them. Then you normally have to wait about 4 hours from the time they posted it and take the card to the post office and collect it . Best bet is to have someone in, or ask if your neighbour will sign for it, mine does if we're not here

Old 23-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Ultra Citizen

Haha i dont think the neighbours are an option...they are pretty old and cant imagine being too pleased about taking delivery of a spider (and i couldnt bring myself to hide the truth from them)!!

Not sure what to do then, cant really get time off work to wait in either so im a bit stuck...i think its either collect it from the depo later the same day/next day or pay pet shop prices HAHA
Advertisement

Old 23-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Posting Deity
Reviews: 17
Send a message via Skype™ to Athravan

Can you get them delivered to you at work and just don't unpack them until you get home?

Or I think you can pay extra and have an item delivered next day for a saturday, but the postage is going to be a fair bit more I think.

Or find a shop that's not hugely expensive... I know I sell a lot of spiders to people on RFUK and never had anyone complain about the prices, but we're not that far from you

Quickest responses via telephone to 02920 190291 or Facebook Message

Old 23-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Ultra Citizen

Haha yeah i bought my one and only T off you not so long ago and was very nicely priced

I was after a Chile Rose sling mind, so im looking at about £7-£8 including delivery so not sure if you have any or can sell them that cheaply?
Old 23-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Gold Star Member

If you know any dates when you would be in to sign then just let whoever you are buying from know first and see what they say. You'll probably find they are more than willing to help.