45x45x30 exo terra - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts

Old 05-08-2019, 11:00 PM
Egg
Default 45x45x30 exo terra

Hi,i am looking at acquiring the low 45cm exo terra ,to house a single Heterometrus or Pandinus Species Scorpion,as they are burrowing scorpions i want to mount heat strip or mat to rear of the enclosure,the room is unheated that the enclosure will be in however. Can any body advise on a suitable powered heat mat or strip that could adequately heat to the required temps of 74-80F 23.5- 29C . At present i have a 10 watt strip heating a 43x30x15 RUB which is just about right on temps and humidity,but the enclosure keeps misting over and visibilty within is not brilliant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2019, 11:23 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcobra1951 View Post
Hi,i am looking at acquiring the low 45cm exo terra ,to house a single Heterometrus or Pandinus Species Scorpion,as they are burrowing scorpions i want to mount heat strip or mat to rear of the enclosure,the room is unheated that the enclosure will be in however. Can any body advise on a suitable powered heat mat or strip that could adequately heat to the required temps of 74-80F 23.5- 29C . At present i have a 10 watt strip heating a 43x30x15 RUB which is just about right on temps and humidity,but the enclosure keeps misting over and visibilty within is not brilliant.
You could just add more ventilation to the tub. That would be the easiest solution.
Jack Torrance: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.

Grady: That's strange, sir. I don't have any recollection of that at all.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Egg

The Rub already has vent holes of 1/2 cm at both narrow ends and four 1/2 cm holes at intervals across the humid end of the lid, checked this morning and misting up not as bad as i used towel roll to soak up the dampest areas last night,eventually the condensation is dropping,the temp is 26.5 c(lowest) at hot end near external heat mat, and 22.3c at coolest,humidity at 68% hottest end and 78% coolest . Im not sure about the exo terra idea,i like the visibility advantages and glass always seems to be recommended,but it is much heavier(i have arthritis and sciatica) if it needs moving and fragile ,and im not sure if it would be adequately heated with my existing heat strip(10 watt habistat).